Off-Topic Snarkness, groovy topics{-15% of truth)

Try finding out from a young driver where he is when he calls in a breakdown...................................all he can give you is a address he has no clue how he got there...........:confusion:
A driver usually finds a way to get to a truck stop before calling in for a breakdown. One thing you can take to the bank, if a driver calls in & he is not at a truck stop the rig is really broken down.

North Dakota.

In ND, most of the time it’s safer to stay in a running truck than to get out In the cold to try to find help. I always thought that if I slid off the road, I might not be found for a week….

This time sounds like the exception, since there was contact made with civilization, and police apparently offered him shelter.

One time I spent 3 1/2 days stuck in my truck, at a gas station because Wyoming closed the Hiway. Town of Rock River, Wyoming- population 264. No other businesses there but the gas station and a taxidermist next door.

In ND, most of the time it’s safer to stay in a running truck than to get out In the cold to try to find help. I always thought that if I slid off the road, I might not be found for a week….

This time sounds like the exception, since there was contact made with civilization, and police apparently offered him shelter.

One time I spent 3 1/2 days stuck in my truck, at a gas station because Wyoming closed the Hiway. Town of Rock River, Wyoming- population 264. No other businesses there but the gas station and a taxidermist next door.
Batesville; caskets & taxidermy? Hmm, I can see a connection. :438:

I survived, luckily because the truck kept running and the snow plow came by and gave me a ride into town.

Big deal, I was once marooned on a Ga highway with no AC for an hour.
A Carolina driver gave me a lift to a restaurant about 1/4 mile up the road and saved the day.

Jimmy, I don't think this guy stayed in his truck for too long. Sure looks like fun driving in North Dakota though. (PS - Just happened yesterday, January 2, 2022 not 2021 as the typo in the article states).

Wow, I just love TB advertising...

A driver usually finds a way to get to a truck stop before calling in for a breakdown. One thing you can take to the bank, if a driver calls in & he is not at a truck stop the rig is really broken down.
We use to say a good driver would break down at a diner and have the coffee ready when you got there..................................................

We use to say a good driver would break down at a diner and have the coffee ready when you got there..................................................
I learned a long time ago, if you can drag it to a safe haven, DO IT! Who wants to sit in a breakdown lane and have trucks passing by within a foot or two rocking your cab while you wait for help! How many times have broken down vehicles in the breakdown lane been rammed into! Sometimes death resulting! Nope. I’ve dragged axles with blown tires into safe havens. It’s not always possible but whenever I could I would! I had a supervisor ask me how is it that I always seemed to be b/d at a service plaza? I said “Cause I know how long you take to find a vendor that’ll come out and service your equipment”! He didn’t like that at all. And after all those years I was lucky to retire. That’s why I did it!

Terry Bradshaw said it right on Sunday. This guy belongs in a straight jacket in a hospital. And Brady thinks this guy is ok?
Even let him live with him in his Florida home.

19967BA1-920A-4E6B-94F6-AF008C5B804D.md.png