Off-Topic Snarkness, groovy topics{-15% of truth)

Fed Ex found a way to put the trailers on the rail 15% faster !
272301899_10226907418689478_8621038145863008916_n.jpg
I liked the shot from the local news from the train tracks under the bridge.

I equipped my 63' K10 wrecker with an air compressor from a Chev 6 cyl. truck tractor I found in a junkyard. The mounts bolted right up to my six and an optional harmonic balancer with the additional sheave for the compressor belt was available from Chev parts dept. I mounted an air reservoir to the frame and it gave me air for my roof mounted air horns (very important when you're young) and for inflating flats, etc. I actually towed a Cadillac from Wilson, North Carolina to Paterson, New Jersey during the summer of 1965 with that truck. Also, with the low range of the transfer case (4WD) I could do some fairly strong, short distance pulling when I needed to. Wish I still had that truck. It was a light weight, nimble 4WD vehicle even if a little light for some of the towing I did. I sold it when I bought the 1965 Ford F250 4WD in 1966 and had a Holmes body and hoist installed on it. Eventually sold the body and hoist and reinstalled a pickup body on it and kept it. I still have it, it's on my "restore" bucket list.

ChevWreckerNorthCarolina03a5fcfc67e92ba6.md.jpg

FordWreckerSnowf0b0b3f85edd12fd.md.jpg
In 1980 my KW got towed in Abilene Tx once By a 1968 White that the guy had rigged two 10 speed transmissions in line. He shifted by reaching out a sliding back window of his day cab. I asked him why he did that. He said his winch worked in Inches per hour that way…