Off-Topic Snarkness, groovy topics{-15% of truth)

I'm on cloud 9 tonight...

A long time ago (1969 - 1970) I worked temporarily at GE in Syracuse (non-trucking). There was this really cute gal there that I really liked. We went out a few times and hit it off even though she had a boyfriend who was in school in Portland, Oregon at the time. In fact she moved out to Portland in January of 1970 to be with him. I visited them in 1971 on my cross country motorcycle trip and we kept in touch for a few years after that but that stopped eventually. I've often thought about her over the years and wondered about her since we seemed to have "clicked" back in Syracuse even though she was already involved.

Earlier tonight I got a phone call and when I looked at caller ID it was from a V. xxxxxx in the 503 area code so I didn't answer it. Then I began to think to myself wait a minute, xxxxxx was the marriage name of this gal I'm talking about. And "V" could have been for Virginia since I knew her as Ginny. Holy cow, could this be? I checked the 503 area code online and it's Portland, Oregon where she lives. OMG, I'm all excited now. Then my message lite started blinking on my phone so I got the message and sure enough it was her. We haven't seen or talked to each other in over 50 years. I called her back and we talked for over an hour and re-connected. Made my day for sure. Some times in life you get a really nice surprise when you least expect it. I'll be falling asleep with a nice smile on my face tonight. :smile new:
I'll bet she found out about all the places you worked and knows you must be loaded, she's after your money.

Is one of them Dan Gurney? von.
Heavens to Betsy...... Mystery solved.....found this magazine up in my attic and the cover shows Dan Gurney seated in the race car getting tips from his brother and team owner "Big Dave Gurney", the magazine article is quite interesting and points out BD's last name is Gurney....who knew? Don't bother trying to find a copy, pretty sure I got the only one....just saying.

bd-race-car-2.md.png

Heavens to Betsy...... Mystery solved.....found this magazine up in my attic and the cover shows Dan Gurney seated in the race car getting tips from his brother and team owner "Big Dave Gurney", the magazine article is quite interesting and points out BD's last name is Gurney....who knew? Don't bother trying to find a copy, pretty sure I got the only one....just saying.

bd-race-car-2.md.png
Lets Go Racing !!