Off-Topic Snarkness, groovy topics{-15% of truth)

So Rogers came over to the big Orange bus after the game & had a few snickers bars and asked if we were still hiring ! Time for change's in Green Bay after same old story every year of choking in the playoffs !
th

So Rogers came over to the big Orange bus after the game & had a few snickers bars and asked if we were still hiring ! Time for change's in Green Bay after same old story every year of choking in the playoffs !
th
Yeah partner. I said to him, why don’t you hold onto the ball longer, instead of throwing it away to not get sacked so much and lose yards? He said, why don’t you watch where your going so you don’t lose mirrors? Bastard.

Oldie but moldy.

272123697_10159416009026049_185790067832657233_n.md.jpg
:shift:
That photo jogged my memory. In the mid 1960's I used my little 1/2 ton Chevy wrecker to pull a PIE P&D tractor and trailer out of the snow to get him going. When I pulled up, the driver laughed and said that I'll never get him out with that little truck. I told him to call his office (Jersey City at the time) and get the OK for them to pay me if I billed them and he/they said OK. I chained the front of my truck to a telephone pole, ran the cable out to his tractor using a snatch block there and ran the end of the cable to another telephone pole where I chained it there. Using the the winch his eyes popped as I gradually pulled him out of the snow. Fun days long ago.

PS - PIE sent me a check for my efforts. Who knew back then I'd be driving for them some day.
ChevWrecker.md.jpg

That photo jogged my memory. In the mid 1960's I used my little 1/2 ton Chevy wrecker to pull a PIE P&D tractor and trailer out of the snow to get him going. When I pulled up, the driver laughed and said that I'll never get him out with that little truck. I told him to call his office (Jersey City at the time) and get the OK for them to pay me if I billed them and he/they said OK. I chained the front of my truck to a telephone pole, ran the cable out to his tractor using a snatch block there and ran the end of the cable to another telephone pole where I chained it there. Using the the winch his eyes popped as I gradually pulled him out of the snow. Fun days long ago.

PS - PIE sent me a check for my efforts. Who knew back then I'd be driving for them some day.
ChevWrecker.md.jpg
Probably the reason I didn't get a bonus that year.
I saw my dad hook a 41 Willys Army Jeep to a LFT Mack loaded with orange juice and drag it off on dry pavement to get it started.
You're probably the only one old enough to remember that outfit (Barnes Food Express)

I saw my dad hook a 41 Willys Army Jeep to a LFT Mack loaded with orange juice and drag it off on dry pavement to get it started.
You're probably the only one old enough to remember that outfit (Barnes Food Express)
Breeze, Trip, and Hippie on way to union meeting.

C253B61A-900F-4B65-B7CC-0054E4991E6E.md.jpg

Not so sure I remember Barnes, but I do remember this old time company when I was very young. They had a very small terminal nearby in my town to service the textile industries that were around way back then (we're talking late 1940's early 1950's). Don't quite remember equipment this old though. My father was good friends with one of the drivers and I was really impressed with him being a truck driver.
0c10f52e201d137b0c1c5641e05531cd--boston-peace.jpg