ABF | Snow and ice storm

Consider this a early warning of part three of the Little Rock Storm conditions.

Little Rock NWS has issued a ice storm warning for western and central Arkansas. Accumulations from .25 to half a inch expected. Why that matters? All of our power lines between the poles will fall down when weighted down with half inch ice. If you had a power wire with that much ice on it you are adding a little over a thousand pounds to that line between those two poles. They fall down. No power.

Russelville to Fort Smith is the bulls eye. The Nuclear One Power Facility is in that area. Thats 35% of all of our power. Half of rest comes from Coal (Redfield etc) The rest is hydro, gas, solar and imported grid interconnect at nose bleed prices.

I 30 to little rock from Texakarna, I 40 from Ft Smith to Little Rock and the Ozarks Crooked road outfit above there will cease to have any use on monday morning. Roughly 3 AM until 9 AM is the judgement hours tomorrow for ice. Temperatures should get into the 50's and rain alot the rest of the week.

I actually have chains out ready to go even though I am a little car instead of a 18 wheeler. Old habits die hard.