Snowmageddon North Carolina

just saw this on the Sunday Today show, minutes ago....

it's not going to travel up north here, but out to sea.......thank god.

Very windy just east of Greensboro.Hope the power holds out..Trees starting to sag with the weight of the snow..
hopefully with the wind it may blow off the lines... Forecast here says up to a quarter inch of ice and that will be bad.... Have 2 generators, and a motor home full of gas so we are good here... temps upper 20's to 30 so atleast its not gonna be brutal cold... Been out in the Explorer, real wet snow, very slick ... liiks like about 6 inches so far down here in Thomasville

hopefully with the wind it may blow off the lines... Forecast here says up to a quarter inch of ice and that will be bad.... Have 2 generators, and a motor home full of gas so we are good here... temps upper 20's to 30 so atleast its not gonna be brutal cold... Been out in the Explorer, real wet snow, very slick ... liiks like about 6 inches so far down here in Thomasville
Not to snow on your parade Jeff, but usually with that type of wet, heavy snow, temps around freezing,and wind,well, your generators, and mobile unit will be a blessing. Storms with those conditions up here in the Midwest can knock power out for a few days. Best of luck to you.

We are really getting hammered down here on the coast, right now, likes about 12 in being a foot.
N E wind gusting 35 to 40.

XiX2Igd.jpg

I said,10-4 darlin..

Last edited:
Not to snow on your parade Jeff, but usually with that type of wet, heavy snow, temps around freezing,and wind,well, your generators, and mobile unit will be a blessing. Storms with those conditions up here in the Midwest can knock power out for a few days. Best of luck to you.
Yea we get mostly ice storms down here in NC and we get lots of power outages... We have a good buffer of mixed precip we are close to now, hopefully sleet and snow, temp 29 degrees
g7esYRw.jpg

Yea we get mostly ice storms down here in NC and we get lots of power outages... We have a good buffer of mixed precip we are close to now, hopefully sleet and snow, temp 29 degrees
g7esYRw.jpg
We had one of these type storms a few weeks back. 8” of snow,wind,temps dropped to 20’s. The power wires get coated with snow and ice,coupled with the wind that starts the wires basically swinging because of the added weight,and they start breaking. One of my best friends works for FedEx up here,and he lost power in the last storm for 40 hours. Sunny and 16 above here. Be careful.

We had one of these type storms a few weeks back. 8” of snow,wind,temps dropped to 20’s. The power wires get coated with snow and ice,coupled with the wind that starts the wires basically swinging because of the added weight,and they start breaking. One of my best friends works for FedEx up here,and he lost power in the last storm for 40 hours. Sunny and 16 above here. Be careful.
snow and sleet is fine, over a tenth of an inch of ice on the lines is a problem here ... as I said, I have 75 gallons of fuel in the RV and 10 gallons in another Honda generator, we are good but don't want to lose power for 2-3 days .. it sucks
\

snow and sleet is fine, over a tenth of an inch of ice on the lines is a problem here ... as I said, I have 75 gallons of fuel in the RV and 10 gallons in another Honda generator, we are good but don't want to lose power for 2-3 days .. it sucks
\
Yes it does.