TForce | So far, nothing

A directive came out Thursday. Basically says we separating ourselves from the UPS management style, they aim to be a driver and customer oriented company.
Take it for what it is worth, how long will it last? Will the 20 yr. old managers give up their superiority complex that was the UPS style? I don't know.
One thing I can say for sure is, I spoke last week with a TFI official out of Canada and he assured me this is NOT the TFI way of managing.
In a nutshell they became 6 times bigger than they were in 1 day. This is a phased acquisition, we should see more and more changes as time goes by. They have been studying the operation and it is, to put it lightly, a mess. Management is in the crosshairs, unprofitable freight and lanes are being addressed as we speak, hubs and centers are being looked at closely and evaluated. Look for some major shifts in "ugly" freight, residential deliveries and national accounts. Read Amazon, Rouge Fitness, and so forth. Direct loading to bypass some hub breaks is a priority, damages are off the chart and there is a plan to address that. Equipment is being evaluated and will be upgraded in the near future.
There will be some pain in these moves, a fall in freight volumes is going to happen, but should be short term.
I left that call feeling pretty optimistic.
There was a "no comment" on starting pay and progression.

i noticed we have earlier start times----and finish earlier. It's starting to feel like Overnite again. i don't know if it's a fluke?

Rogue fitness does suck, but if you can load the heavy side in first (towards the nose of trailer), then you can steer it with the pallet jack sideways onto the liftgate. It will hang off the liftgate a little, but it's do-able. The big problem is it usually gets loaded on to the truck with the heavy side towards the rear. When this happens, you usually cannot lift the whole pallet with the pallet jack because now the heaver side is dragging on the floor.

No inward facing cameras per recent union/company agreement.

Last edited:
The problem with all residential deliveries is that they are money losers. The only way to make money on them is the accessorial charges. Which are almost always waived by ups.
Another problem is that is where almost all injuries occur. One person having to move a larger heavy item off a lift gate.

I believe the waiving of charges is a thing of the past. If you want it, we can provide it, but at a cost.
TFI already has a "last mile" residential service division.
Comp injuries from residential deliveries are #1.

TForece Freight has advised that the below terminals are temporarily embargoed. The affected ZIP codes have been updated in TFM’s system.

Beginning on 6/3/2021 T Force Freight will begin embargoing shipments destined for the following Service Centers:

Oregon: Bend (BEN), Portland (PRT) and (POR)

Idaho: (BOI), Twin Falls (TWI)

Colorado: Colorado Springs (COS), Grand Junction (GRJ)

I have a few questions about what I’ve seen so far...we have comdata fuel cards now to fuel on the road, our tank is empty...why is the account holder on the cards “UPS GROUND FREIGHT” if we were sold to T Force? UPS is liable for the fuel bill right? And what about the DOT number on the tractor...some are rebranded with T Force and most are still branded UPS FREIGHT. Same DOT number. Also we are still being harassed about on property time, idle time, calling in if at a customer over 15 minutes, driver assessment tests etc, etc...same song, different verse.

I have a few questions about what I’ve seen so far...we have comdata fuel cards now to fuel on the road, our tank is empty...why is the account holder on the cards “UPS GROUND FREIGHT” if we were sold to T Force? UPS is liable for the fuel bill right? And what about the DOT number on the tractor...some are rebranded with T Force and most are still branded UPS FREIGHT. Same DOT number. Also we are still being harassed about on property time, idle time, calling in if at a customer over 15 minutes, driver assessment tests etc, etc...same song, different verse.
Old habits die hard.
I pay little attention to anything that is not directly written in the contract.
There is no on property time, or delay time, or anything else for that matter. It's not like anything can be done about it, except cheap talk.