FedEx Freight | So how is FedEx Freight as a company to work for?

futuretrucker1234 said:
Well I put my app in yesterday.

They told me if I did get hired for it that it could be a year or more before I could get my CDL. Also once I get my CDL I have to wait for an available driving position...?

A year is a long time.
CWF's program sounds about the same...You work the dock while training but the contract you sign only gives you 3 months to complete the program if you do not complete it(Get Your License) you are outta there! So you can have your license in a couple a weeks or in 3 months...you are then committed to the company for 6 months..the state will pull your license if you quit or are terminated...then another 6 months or you owe CWF $1500 for the training....in the mean time you are making money on the dock...

Futuretrucker,

There is something they are not telling you. If you get on with Fedex as a road driver you can pretty much count on having to do city work when you get back from your run in the morning. Chances are they operate under a slipseating policy, so they'll have a rule requiring that linehaul drivers assigned deliveries must swap their truck for one that isn't assigned to a city driver.

If you could tolerate that, then go for it.

Sling Blade said:
Futuretrucker,

There is something they are not telling you. If you get on with Fedex as a road driver you can pretty much count on having to do city work when you get back from your run in the morning. Chances are they operate under a slipseating policy, so they'll have a rule requiring that linehaul drivers assigned deliveries must swap their truck for one that isn't assigned to a city driver.

If you could tolerate that, then go for it.
Does the center your at do that??
In STL when we get in all we do is drop fuel and hit the gate.
City took my unit out last Fri nite at 18:15 so I had to take someone elses, you know there wasn't any city units available at 6 pm........ :duh:

FM

Familyman said:
Does the center your at do that??
In STL when we get in all we do is drop fuel and hit the gate.
City took my unit out last Fri nite at 18:15 so I had to take someone elses, you know there wasn't any city units available at 6 pm........ :duh:

FM

Actually, I don't work for Fedex. But it's done where I'm at and at a nearby Fedex terminal. I just wanted to inform him of what he may be in for should he sign on with an LTL outfit.

I really think that is the least of his worries at this time . He needs the job and the training first. The man can always move on if he feels it is that bad.