XPO | So Long, Farewell

In Maine once you give them a written 2 wk notice, the company is required by law to let you work out your notice and if they let you go before that, they have to pay you for the 2 wk notice. If they try to fight it, the state labor board gets out their roto router and people have a bad day..
I live in Georgia son… down in the sunny south they don’t have those newfangled labor laws…

Man it's be over a year since I quit. WOW how time flies when your having fun. I have been asked if I miss driving and in some very small cases yes, but for the most part NO. I still work 3rd shift Sunday night thru Thrus night, but I have more of a life outside of work. I know after I punch in I can go home on 8hrs without asking if I can go. The company rates everyone as an individual and not as a group. In the past year I have received over 20% in raises. With hourly rate, shift differential, and CDL pay I make more then the hourly rate I was making at XPO when I left. The benefits are about the same in coverage and cost. 401K match is the same. The bonus is they have a pension plan 100% funded by the company and 3yrs to be 100% vested. I have 3 weeks PTO and 6 sick days a year. For PTO I only have to fight with the guys on my shift, only 6 of us, and not the whole shop. PTO is use or loose, but will pay out 1 week in Nov and unused sick time is paid out in Dec. Company paid for uniform service.
Though every job has it's good parts and bad parts. I have to say were I work now there bad parts are far an few between. Having a bad day now is like having a average day at XPO.
There is better out there you just got to look for them. The company I work for what's long term employees and offer many routes for advacemenet and training, to even moving to different location to further you career. Unlike XPO they would rather promote a current employee then hire from outside. BTW this is a non-union job.

One last thing. Since I did not give a 2 week notice I found out I was put on a "Do Not Re-hire List". I just hope they spelled my name correctly.

Last edited:
Man it's be over a year since I quit. WOW how time flies when your having fun. I have been asked if I miss driving and in some very small cases yes, but for the most part NO. I still work 3rd shift Sunday night thru Thrus night, but I have more of a life outside of work. I know after I punch in I can go home on 8hrs without asking if I can go. The company rates everyone as an individual and not as a group. In the past year I have received over 20% in raises. With hourly rate, shift differential, and CDL pay I make more then the hourly rate I was making at XPO when I left. The benefits are about the same in coverage and cost. 401K match is the same. The bonus is they have a pension plan 100% funded by the company and 3yrs to be 100% vested. I have 3 weeks PTO and 6 sick days a year. For PTO I only have to fight with the guys on my shift, only 6 of us, and not the whole shop. PTO is use or loose, but will pay out 1 week in Nov and unused sick time is paid out in Dec. Company paid for uniform service.
Though every job has it's good parts and bad parts. I have to say were I work now there bad parts are far an few between. Having a bad day now is like having a average day at XPO.
There is better out there you just got to look for them. The company I work for what's long term employees and offer many routes for advacemenet and training, to even moving to different location to further you career. Unlike XPO they would rather promote a current employee then hire from outside. BTW this is a non-union job.

One last thing. Since I did not give a 2 week notice I found out I was put on a "Do Not Re-hire List". I just hope they spelled my name correctly.
Screw them and their “do not hire list”! Congrats, very good to hear it is working out for you and your happy cuz at the end of the day that’s what matters!

So there is a :shit:list. Wonderful.

I probably am on 50 at this point in my life. The more the merrier.

I won unemployment vs EcKmiller in Rockport IN decades ago after being starved out and quitting. My State awarded me 6 months and change.

A simple do not hire list does not cover me in that particular case. They probably banned all hiring from that state. Im actually blacklisted from there. Under Indiana Law they are allowed to "Verbally" tell any prospective employer checking my application that I am blacklisted on the phone. Just never in writing anywhere. If they did put that in writing then I go to Indiana Court and own the whole outfit lock stock and barrel.

Its been three decades Im still blacklisted btw. I learned about that long ago by happenstance from a friendly Arkansas Trucking company I was dealing with for a Dispatchers Position long ago. Then researched Indiana Law after.

That does not matter. Life is fun. Dont need no do not hire lists, :shit:lists or blacklists. See how that works?

I 100 percent agree. Working 2 full time jobs in one, thinking I’m making great money. Felt like a zombie. Going down to 45 hrs a week with no drama is amazing for the body and mind.

I 100 percent agree. Working 2 full time jobs in one, thinking I’m making great money. Felt like a zombie. Going down to 45 hrs a week with no drama is amazing for the body and mind.
It's nice getting 20-30hrs of your life back. I think the most I worked in one week was 48hrs that's cause I had a class to go to.

Glad it is working out for you......these companies are all the same as far as wanting so many hours out of drivers in their 50s and 60s.....pathetic...
Worked with guys on Linehaul in their 70’s… could barely get out of the truck, hobbling on the dock, just sad. I know of two that died not long after retiring.

The bonus is they have a pension plan 100% funded by the company and 3yrs to be 100% vested.
No offense but you railed against a pension when drivers were trying to make this a better deal through organizing . Many of the guys that were so hard against trying to make this a better workplace through unionization have since quit Xpo because they were frustrated. Same guys who argued we have it so good . There are hundreds of post on here to prove it . Xpo will always be non union as I see it but can you see the irony in this ?
Pay and benefits will always be mediocre at Xpo. As as being overworked that will be up to the individual to some extent.

Last edited:
No offense but you railed against a pension when drivers were trying to make this a better deal through organizing . Many of the guys that were so hard against trying to make this a better workplace through unionization have since quit Xpo because they were frustrated. Same guys who argued we have it so good . There are hundreds of post on here to prove it . Xpo will always be non union as I see it but can you see the irony in this ?
Pay and benefits will always be mediocre at Xpo. As as being overworked that will be up to the individual to some extent.
You are correct I did. They call it a Cash Balance Retirement Plan. The differences I saw was once you are vested the money is yours. If you leave after being vested you can withdraw all the money in the account at anytime, unlike most pension plans. Another difference is that the company puts in 4% of the Compensation you receive for each calendar month. That's 4% of all compensation received before taxes. Unlike the Teamster where it's a fixed amount up to 40hrs per week and what they put in is not all yours.
We can sit here and split hairs on who has what. The bottom line is I never knew they had this when I applied and is not listed any where on their employment ads. I found out the first day during orientation.
You are correct XPO will never be union and it's not because of people like me. The time for a union at XPO was back in the days of CCX/Con-way. That's because these young drivers have no clue and only look at their hr rate and nothing else. They are making 6 figures a year, on LH, and are spending like a sailor on shore leave, I've seen it. At my barn of all those that have left in the last 2yrs were all yes votes and that includes me. Shocker isn't it.
How many years did Upnorth have and he packed and walked or the guy at your place who's wife works at XRQ. At some point you have two choices 1. Stress out trying to make it better/deal with it, or 2. pack up and move on. To shock you I was trying to make it better. I also knew we didn't have the votes for a union at my place and knew that one of the FAC, XMI or XHG would need to go first. We both knew that wasn't going to happen.
I was just trying to post that there is better out there you just got to be willing to look and stop worrying about seniority and PTO time.

They may have put your name in as, Bastard, on the do not rehire list.

That’s funny, I tried to give a two week notice when I left Con-way and was perp walked out immediately.

AdBlock Detected