So long Poppa.

hooty

TB Regular
Credits
Paul E. Sparks Sr., my dad passed away this morning, 7-17-08 in the V.A. Hospital, Salem, Va. He taught me everything I know about driving trucks and not sweating the little things in life that we have no control over. Poppa, who's gonna call me now at 5:00 in the morning and wake me up like you always did? All the good advice you gave me through the years I still remember. I just lost my best friend this past Febuary and now you're gone too. I'm sorry for not being there this morning with you when you departed; Mom tried her best to get ahold of me but I was went to bed about 8:00, I felt exhausted when I got back from GBO. Please forgive me for taking you to the hospital 3 weeks ago against your wishes but I thought it was the right thing to do at the time. The doctors said that you would come home friday because you were doing so much better and it was all you talked about. So long Dad.:sadwavey:

I'm sorry to hear this Hooty.

My heart goes out to you Hooty.
He won't be alone my friend because
Miss Pooh is there waiting for him.
The two of them will still be calling
on you at 5:00 am you just won't
hear the phone but it will be in your
heart Brother. My thoughts and prayers
are with you .

Keep your chin up .:console:
R.I.P. Poppa

SMOKESTACK

I am very sorry to hear about your loss and the passing of your father. I will be praying for you and your loved ones through these trying times. Take it one day at a time and hold on to the memories...

praying_for_you.gif

Hooty My sincerest condolences of your father passing. Even though he is physically not here, he will always be in your heart and thoughts. You mentioned that he taught you much. Maybe you can do the same and take his teachings, and pass them on to your children or friends. May your memories of him, help ease your loss. May God Bless.
~Jodroadway~

Paul E. Sparks Sr., my dad passed away this morning, 7-17-08 in the V.A. Hospital, Salem, Va. He taught me everything I know about driving trucks and not sweating the little things in life that we have no control over. Poppa, who's gonna call me now at 5:00 in the morning and wake me up like you always did? All the good advice you gave me through the years I still remember. I just lost my best friend this past Febuary and now you're gone too. I'm sorry for not being there this morning with you when you departed; Mom tried her best to get ahold of me but I was went to bed about 8:00, I felt exhausted when I got back from GBO. Please forgive me for taking you to the hospital 3 weeks ago against your wishes but I thought it was the right thing to do at the time. The doctors said that you would come home friday because you were doing so much better and it was all you talked about. So long Dad.:sadwavey:

Just remember all the good times you had with him.Like Smoke said Hooty is taking care of him now.They are a happy family.AND Once again sorry to hear about your Dad.

My condolences as well hooty, My parents are long gone but the memory remains, so as long as you have those you will never be alone. R.I.P. to your poppa.

My heart goes out to you Hooty, I lost my Dad at 15.....

I'm sorry for your loss ,
But as many others have pointed out , remmeber The Good Times. As you pointed out your father taught you everything you know . That means and says alot !

We had your service this past sunday and you should have seen everyone there. About 6 guys from fdex frt. showed up for me to express their condolences and mom said she had never seen such handsome looking men standing shoulder to shoulder. What a swell bunch of fellas we work with at this company. Good Lord bless each and every one of you.