SAIA | So Saia uses their cameras to enforce traffic laws?

nobodysboy

here to inform not to conform.
Credits
I will say this to all of you. If they try to fire you for any such use of those cameras I will enjoy hearing that YOU sued them for wrongful termination. There's only so far they can test the water. Certainly don't be offensive if they bring you in to threaten you but when the rubber meets the road they cannot fire you for things like rolling stops or following to close. It's funny how they refrain from putting cameras in company cars. They can use it as a tool. Not a weapon.

I will say this to all of you. If they try to fire you for any such use of those cameras I will enjoy hearing that YOU sued them for wrongful termination. There's only so far they can test the water. Certainly don't be offensive if they bring you in to threaten you but when the rubber meets the road they cannot fire you for things like rolling stops or following to close. It's funny how they refrain from putting cameras in company cars. They can use it as a tool. Not a weapon.
Great point. And you can rest assured when the rubber meets the road. They will be challenged by someone. It's just a matter of time.

Great point. And you can rest assured when the rubber meets the road. They will be challenged by someone. It's just a matter of time.
You would have thought someone would have already brought a lawsuit against them for termination due to camera violations. Since all trucks do not have cameras in them.

You would have thought someone would have already brought a lawsuit against them for termination due to camera violations. Since all trucks do not have cameras in them.
Like I said. It's just a matter of time. You must have deep pockets and get your ducks in a row with proper legal counsel. As my Daddy always told me. Just give them enough rope and they usually hang themselves. SAIA isn't the only one with very capable attorneys. You just need to remember that when you open up Pandora's Box you must be ready to go the distance,

IMO...Saia probably has no interest in litigating any of this. A confidential settlement is the most likely course. They don’t want any more exposure than what is absolutely necessary

It would certainly be worth contacting your local NLRB office if you were terminated. I'm not sure how much protection you have being at-will, but it's worth a shot.

It would certainly be worth contacting your local NLRB office if you were terminated. I'm not sure how much protection you have being at-will, but it's worth a shot.
It would be a tough go being "at-will" but for some it could be worth a shot. Personally for me I don't give a ::shit::. It's almost over for me and it wouldn't be worth my time. I got some fishing to do.

It would be a tough go being "at-will" but for some it could be worth a shot. Personally for me I don't give a :::shit:::. It's almost over for me and it wouldn't be worth my time. I got some fishing to do.

I would certainly try even if I were you, Train. I would rather go out on my terms than theirs.

I would certainly try even if I were you, Train. I would rather go out on my terms than theirs.
It would be something I might consider if they terminate me before I retire in 2018. This is uncharted territory and since all company vehicles don't have them and not all employees are treated equally it could create a problem for them. I also have other options to attack at my age if I chose to go that direction. As long as they are civil with me when it comes time to retire I will probably just say "no harm, no foul." I don't need the aggravation and stress that's associated with litigation. That ::shit:: can affect your health and without that you have nothing.

I thought they would have to put cameras in everything that is registered for highway use, in order to terminate someone. Otherwise it would be discrimination...

I thought they would have to put cameras in everything that is registered for highway use, in order to terminate someone. Otherwise it would be discrimination...
I hear after the new year they fixing to start shipping out alot of the internationals, so pretty soon drivers won't have a choice to but grab a camera truck.

I hear after the new year they fixing to start shipping out alot of the internationals, so pretty soon drivers won't have a choice to but grab a camera truck.
It's the older Volvos here in Garland. I say good riddance. Maybe then everyone will be treated equally.

Even at-will employees have protection against discrimination. And being terminated for something not all are subject to in my book is being discrimated against. But im no lawyer. Though i have played one on T.V.

Hell they are still running Volvos from 2008 and older at alot of terminals. They gonna have to replace alot of trucks in order for everyone to be in a camera truck.

At XPO Logistics ( formally Con-way Freight ) the company put cameras in every tractor , even the oldest POS. And even though drivers are told about the benefits of cameras watching , no cameras have been placed in company cars ( all terminal manager level and up have company cars and all sales people )