SAIA | so they let go our teminal manager

godswrath

TB Lurker
Credits
and everything is falling apart. way i see it we will be closed by the end of december. our biggest problem. our supervisior dosnt know what he is doing.

So, rather than griping about it, why not try and do something about it? Offer help where you can. These are not easy times, we all have a role to play, sometimes more than 1.

several terminals have done this. In GA, only Atlanta is not dark. Most terminals seem to be doing just fine. Guess it depends on the quality of the drivers at each terminal. It will seperate the wheat from the chaff pretty quickly.

Driver, the company is looking for us to run these places and help out alot more than we use to. It seems like it's heading in the direction it was in GVL 15 years ago. Drivers did everything. I/b dock, city, city dispatch, o/b dock, linehaul, run the friggin place.

Driver, the company is looking for us to run these places and help out alot more than we use to. It seems like it's heading in the direction it was in GVL 15 years ago. Drivers did everything. I/b dock, city, city dispatch, o/b dock, linehaul, run the friggin place.

And to think they actually made money back then. Preposterous! You can't make money without big management.

HA! :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: How many times have corporate bosses been told to let the drivers run things????

And now you know the rest of the story.

we dont have that problme in cincy but it only takes 2 people to move frieght and thats a driver and a dockman. everyone else is just part of the team. really what does a end of line terminal manager do? look over 50-100 inbound outbound bills a day.

my question would be if we are losing so many terminal managers, why do we need so much upper management? Seems like that slows the process of decision making not to mention alot of dollars there for something that doesnt contribute to the process of freight.

my question would be if we are losing so many terminal managers, why do we need so much upper management? Seems like that slows the process of decision making not to mention alot of dollars there for something that doesnt contribute to the process of freight.

DING! DING! DING! We have a winner!

godswrath are you out of gvl,nc? these terminals will not run unless you
have someone to take charge. i tried earlier to call the gvl,nc terminal
and the operator came on and said line had been disconnected,did they shut
the doors on this terminal? they are showing hiring city/road without a phone
this wont work.

dark terminal, nobody there during the day.most terminals have had there number changed so the customers have to go thru central customer service

I work for the phone company and the reason why ya'lls phones aren't working is because the bill hasn't been paid.If 1 of you fine gentleman will send me a couple hundred bucks I'll get em turned back on.OH,BTW my buddy at the electric company says they ain't been paid either.

i thought this site gave you the freedom of speech? everytime you turn
around you got someone deleting what you say. if it aint smokestack its
jeff or demolition man,i hope neither of you 3 say nothing wrong,but i
am sure it would be ok for one of you to do it.