ABF | So This Is Pretty Cool

After my conversation with Judy and Wes K. back in 2010 at a NLR meeting about concessions, you may not want to even mention my name to Judy. Not that I was disrespectful to her or anything, but we were certainly not seeing eye-to-eye. She may not even remember that meeting, but I sure do. First and only time I ever met
Mr. Young III was at that meeting. I have nothing but respect for the Young family.
I was at the meeting also. I also have respect for the Young family. R.A. young IV spent several days at the LR terminal a short time before his death. He was in my work area for a couple of days . He was there to learn & asked questions. Many management types already know everything. I have often wondered how the company would be today had he not have passed away. He was not arrogant or the Country Club type. He played high school football & loved to fish and hunt like most of us. If you did not know who he was you would not have suspected he was in line to be an heir of a corporation.

The bib cutoffs are pretty much a staple in the warm months down in these parts. The tie was used for professionalism and respect. I wanted them to know I meant business. Only problem was, the clip on the tie got bent. So my tie kept falling off. So being a problem solver, I stapled it to my bibs to hold it in place.
But did you have to wear the ones with the back door flap!! I think that's where she got the idea of screwing us the next contract. lol

I was at the meeting also. I also have respect for the Young family. R.A. young IV spent several days at the LR terminal a short time before his death. He was in my work area for a couple of days . He was there to learn & asked questions. Many management types already know everything. I have often wondered how the company would be today had he not have passed away. He was not arrogant or the Country Club type. He played high school football & loved to fish and hunt like most of us. If you did not know who he was you would not have suspected he was in line to be an heir of a corporation.
I think he (R.A. IV) was there for a few weeks as he worked and asked questions on the dock with the supervisors for a week or two before his untimely death. I did not see it happen myself, but I was told by several of my brothers on the day shift that he requested (told) one of the supervisors to apologize to one of the workers for speaking to him dis-respectfully. That single act earned him a great deal of respect with the dock workers when he was at the “Rock”. Wish we still had him around. They don’t make ‘em like that anymore!!!

So my application according to ABFs website is still being reviewed. It's been a couple days now, I'm probably not the only one who applied so I'm probably at the bottom of the poll or somewhere in the middle if I haven't been tossed out yet. Oh well.
Our guy passed his road test on Monday& I believe that might be his seniority date. That’s how they worked in Wilkes Barra I don’t know about New York State

So my application according to ABFs website is still being reviewed. It's been a couple days now, I'm probably not the only one who applied so I'm probably at the bottom of the poll or somewhere in the middle if I haven't been tossed out yet. Oh well.
ABF is very slow, might take a few weeks before you hear more, so don't be discouraged...