ABF | So This Is Pretty Cool

You should get an email next week saying what day you need to be in little Rock to meet with Puddin', and Buela, in HR, to get you orientatered. You need to wear a nice pair of bibs too.

I was behind one of my current employers trucks last night and he must know you because at times he didn't go any faster then 41 didn't matter the speed limit was 65 he said nope 41 is fast enough.

Shhh. Don’t say triples qualified or you’ll have Slave going off the deep end about triple pay and such.
Congratulations, I hope everything goes well for you.
Well, thank you I hope so too. It was interesting about 2-3 hours after the interview was over ABF HR sent me a text message asking me if they could get into my FMCSA Clearing House information so they could see what that says. So I logged on and sent them my information and I saw my own record it said that I'm totally clean green light and all and good to go.

Well, thank you I hope so too. It was interesting about 2-3 hours after the interview was over ABF HR sent me a text message asking me if they could get into my FMCSA Clearing House information so they could see what that says. So I logged on and sent them my information and I saw my own record it said that I'm totally clean green light and all and good to go.
Cool!! We pull triples out of north Lima. U need 5 years of doubles experience to pull them. U will go through a day training when they have the next class if u have the 5 years. U had an interview with dave. He is the terminal manager. There are many steps so just be patient. Take care

I was going to say probably shouldn't have said anything about that. Someone else already mentioned that triples was the magic word and that I was in for it now.
We cross paths with at least 2 ABF terminals and they never complain about their jobs. So it's probably a good place. Good luck.
One of our guys was a BA and said one of the terminals never files grievances.

I think you do get paid extra for triples but I'm not sure. If it isn't triple pay...it's a ripoff. The profits only go into politicians or policy which make you do more for less. Keep the profits yourself
We don't use the part of our contract on doubles and triples so I never read it.
Don't bring 3 trailers to PA. We don't want to see what they look like.
Trains belong on their own tracks
Not on our roads.

We cross paths with at least 2 ABF terminals and they never complain about their jobs. So it's probably a good place. Good luck.

I think you do get paid extra for triples but I'm not sure. If it isn't triple pay...it's a ripoff. The profits only go into politicians or policy which make you do more for less. Keep the profits yourself
We don't use the part of our contract on doubles and triples so I never read it.
Not on our roads.
At OD we were paid I believe 3 more cents per mile and I’m sure ABF does the same. I’ve heard lots of good about ABF.

Cool!! We pull triples out of north Lima. U need 5 years of doubles experience to pull them. U will go through a day training when they have the next class if u have the 5 years. U had an interview with dave. He is the terminal manager. There are many steps so just be patient. Take care
Hi (insert hand waving emoji) The manager mentioned the triples training day that they have. I figure the hiring and training process has it's own formalities and what not so it's fine I can take my time and when they are ready I'll move ahead. But it sounds really good, better then where I am at now in someways, and to be fair where I work now really isn't bad by any means per-say the place where I work now I don't think operationally it's managed as well as ABF, although our equipment is very similar the manager even noted that and told me where I currently work the converter gear and the trailers are not a whole lot different. ABF has better long term benefits and health insurance and all that stuff. But obviously where I am at now isn't terrible I've been there almost 8 years, so obviously it can't be that bad, but I knew there was better and more for my career.

So I'm taking my time and it'll be fine. Where I work now the money is good some of the stuff they do isn't what I would do if I were in charge, but it's not a big deal, most of the people I work with are good and we all get a long so it's fine however long it takes it takes.

Last edited:
At OD we were paid I believe 3 more cents per mile and I’m sure ABF does the same. I’ve heard lots of good about ABF.
Where I work now they are concerned about fuel economy and they are concerned about it in like the silliest ways possible. So what they do when buying new trucks is always buy the smallest base model engine and transmission package that who ever the truck maker is has standard. Then they send us to hilly Pennsylvania or Ohio with doubles refrigerated doubles so you have a trailer that's all cast steel or cast aluminum plus refer units and then they load those sometimes to 20000K and more and next thing you know pulling a hill we have to down shift 3 times if were really happy (manual shift trucks) and the truck is laboring/ screaming up the hill in 8th gear and I've got my foot my foot pedal to the metal to the floor for 10 minutes, but somehow that equates to fuel economy.

The joke at my company is so here we are with 2 trailers struggling to get up the hill and here comes and Old Dominion truck with 3 trailers and WOOOSH! Pass us right up like we are standing still.

Where I work now they are concerned about fuel economy and they are concerned about it in like the silliest ways possible. So what they do when buying new trucks is always buy the smallest base model engine and transmission package that who ever the truck maker is has standard. Then they send us to hilly Pennsylvania or Ohio with doubles refrigerated doubles so you have a trailer that's all cast steel or cast aluminum plus refer units and then they load those sometimes to 20000K and more and next thing you know pulling a hill we have to down shift 3 times if were really happy (manual shift trucks) and the truck is laboring/ screaming up the hill in 8th gear and I've got my foot my foot pedal to the metal to the floor for 10 minutes, but somehow that equates to fuel economy.

The joke at my company is so here we are with 2 trailers struggling to get up the hill and here comes and Old Dominion truck with 3 trailers and WOOOSH! Pass us right up like we are standing still.
Someone said another magic word, three cents for pulling triples

Not on our roads.
I read I think it was in the book Never Stand Still which was the corporate story of Consolidated Freightways,that Pennsylvania and Iowa hate doubles and never liked them. They were like the 2 last states to allow doubles on their roads and what happened was the trucking industry lobbied the federal government to basically withhold tax dollars for roads and stuff to all states that didn't allow doubles. Pennsylvania and Iowa then relinquished and allowed doubles after that, because they wanted federal dollars for roads.

I think there was a time when CF had shuttle drivers who would shuttle trailers from Erie, PA to the New York State boarder. The doubles would stop in like will just say Ashtabula, Ohio they would break them into singles and shuttle the trailers one at a time across the top of Pennsylvania to New York State and then they would re hook and go on their way.

I read I think it was in the book Never Stand Still which was the corporate story of Consolidated Freightways,that Pennsylvania and Iowa hate doubles and never liked them. They were like the 2 last states to allow doubles on their roads and what happened was the trucking industry lobbied the federal government to basically withhold tax dollars for roads and stuff to all states that didn't allow doubles. Pennsylvania and Iowa then relinquished and allowed doubles after that, because they wanted federal dollars for roads.

I think there was a time when CF had shuttle drivers who would shuttle trailers from Erie, PA to the New York State boarder. The doubles would stop in like will just say Ashtabula, Ohio they would break them into singles and shuttle the trailers one at a time across the top of Pennsylvania to New York State and then they would re hook and go on their way.
Federal racketeers.

45' trailers were in service years before Pa. allowed those.