ABF | So This Is Pretty Cool

Hi (insert hand waving emoji) The manager mentioned the triples training day that they have. I figure the hiring and training process has it's own formalities and what not so it's fine I can take my time and when they are ready I'll move ahead. But it sounds really good, better then where I am at now in someways, and to be fair where I work now really isn't bad by any means per-say the place where I work now I don't think operationally it's managed as well as ABF, although our equipment is very similar the manager even noted that and told me where I currently work the converter gear and the trailers are not a whole lot different. ABF has better long term benefits and health insurance and all that stuff. But obviously where I am at now isn't terrible I've been there almost 8 years, so obviously it can't be that bad, but I knew there was better and more for my career.

So I'm taking my time and it'll be fine. Where I work now the money is good some of the stuff they do isn't what I would do if I were in charge, but it's not a big deal, most of the people I work with are good and we all get a long so it's fine however long it takes it takes.
The medical insurance can’t be beat. The only one that is better is the lazy asses on Medicaid. U pay nothing for your benefits also. Dental is the best also. Abf pays around 475$ a week for your benefits. I guarantee they are better benefits than u have ever had.

Triples pay around 2 cents more a mile. I’m not exactly sure because I’m on a Carlisle turn bid. That is basically the reason we exist in north Lima for the triples operation. We pull them right out of the yard and right into the yard.

Fuel mileage? Who cares!! drive the damn truck safely and no one bothers u.

Any questions ask me. Take care

tax dollars for roads and stuff to all states that didn't allow doubles. Pennsylvania and Iowa then relinquished and allowe
The medical insurance can’t be beat. The only one that is better is the lazy asses on Medicaid. U pay nothing for your benefits also. Dental is the best also. Abf pays around 475$ a week for your benefits. I guarantee they are better benefits than u have ever had.

Triples pay around 2 cents more a mile. I’m not exactly sure because I’m on a Carlisle turn bid. That is basically the reason we exist in north Lima for the triples operation. We pull them right out of the yard and right into the yard.

Fuel mileage? Who cares!! drive the damn truck safely and no one bothers u.

Any questions ask me. Take care
Thank you. I figured the only reason for the place in North Lima was triples related and the place is so close to the turnpike I figured ABF was permitted to take them directly into the yard.

Like around Lordstown, XPO and Old D pull triples around the old GM plant there, they must be allowed or permitted somehow, because outside of that, your not allowed off the toll road at all with those.

The railroad lobby is strong in states & national politics. That is how AmTrak still exists today, with subsidies. No other business or form of transportation that has lost money every year could still be in business.
I could be wrong but I think most commuter railroads, subways, and commuter bus lines are subsidized to some degree.

Thank you. I figured the only reason for the place in North Lima was triples related and the place is so close to the turnpike I figured ABF was permitted to take them directly into the yard.

Like around Lordstown, XPO and Old D pull triples around the old GM plant there, they must be allowed or permitted somehow, because outside of that, your not allowed off the toll road at all with those.
U would pull triples to the Hammond Indiana pad. Exit 5 on Indiana toll road. There is a big pad there and u would drop 1 pup and take the other 2 pups to Chicago terminal. It’s actually Sauk village Illinois south of Chicago. Out of Chicago do it in reverse. We have been busy in north Lima so u would work steady. Be safe out there

The only double “slave” endorses is McDonalds “Double“ Quarter Pounder, lololol
Absolutely. Then I'm getting my share.

These guys are posting they get 2¢/mile extra for 3 trailers.

1 trailer for you.
2 trailers for me.
1 for you.
2 for me

That's their deal.
Decades past the time to say no to that.

And everytime they want to give nothing and take back stuff. They just don't have any money.
How can that be?

Where I work now they are concerned about fuel economy and they are concerned about it in like the silliest ways possible. So what they do when buying new trucks is always buy the smallest base model engine and transmission package that who ever the truck maker is has standard. Then they send us to hilly Pennsylvania or Ohio with doubles refrigerated doubles so you have a trailer that's all cast steel or cast aluminum plus refer units and then they load those sometimes to 20000K and more and next thing you know pulling a hill we have to down shift 3 times if were really happy (manual shift trucks) and the truck is laboring/ screaming up the hill in 8th gear and I've got my foot my foot pedal to the metal to the floor for 10 minutes, but somehow that equates to fuel economy.

The joke at my company is so here we are with 2 trailers struggling to get up the hill and here comes and Old Dominion truck with 3 trailers and WOOOSH! Pass us right up like we are standing still.
The OD and ABF trucks whoosh by you because they Only floor out their trailers so they can use more drivers and trucks. I hear FedEx is looking into that also .

Hi guys, just checking in. Back to my job right now in the meantime and so far it's fine. For the record the job I have now is not bad per-say oh there are some things I don't like and it's why I've decided to make a change, but it's not a bad job over all at face value. There's a few things that I'm not going to mention here that are not good, but normally in day to day life it's not a bad job. Pay is good, benefits are fair and were paid pretty good for what we do. I pull doubles for a food company. Company I work for isn't as good at ABF, but it's not a bad job it has it's merits. I've never downed my current employer to anyone and I won't, I work with some good people, however ABF is certainly a step up. However I've been at my current place almost 8 years in March 8 years is a little bit of time couldn't have been that bad.

However where I work now has been a good job for me and could be a good job for someone else. No place is perfect. Anyhow ABF is processing my information. They asked for my FMCSA stuff and I gave them it and the entire thing is processing so in the mean time I'm just going to work at my job and will move forward as time allows.