ABF | So This Is Pretty Cool

MikeJ

TB Veteran
Credits
Hi guys,
I was on here sometime ago haven't been posting much in the past 7-8 years, but always retained my membership. I was down in the food service monkey threads, because that's where I worked and that dried up.

Anyhow I have been in trucking almost 10 years now almost 8 of those years it'll be 8 in March if I get there which I don't think I will, with the same company.

At any rate I filled out a job application to work at ABF's terminal in North Lima, Ohio I don't care if I'm out overnight a couple days or more a week that's fine with me because I live 70 miles from there and I don't want to drive to work everyday anyhow.

I do have doubles experience and all the endorsements needed I pull doubles at night right now and drive by exit state route 7 on the Ohio pike overnight where the triples get off at.

Anyhow what's cool is I did fill out my application and I got an email back this morning now I realize that, none of this is true yet but they did say hello we see that your application meets our criteria we would like some more info so I submitted what they wanted and now I am waiting to here back, but it was cool that something in the computer saw my application and wanted to pass it along. So I got a little excited about that.
You guys have a nice day.

Hi guys,
I was on here sometime ago haven't been posting much in the past 7-8 years, but always retained my membership. I was down in the food service monkey threads, because that's where I worked and that dried up.

Anyhow I have been in trucking almost 10 years now almost 8 of those years it'll be 8 in March if I get there which I don't think I will, with the same company.

At any rate I filled out a job application to work at ABF's terminal in North Lima, Ohio I don't care if I'm out overnight a couple days or more a week that's fine with me because I live 70 miles from there and I don't want to drive to work everyday anyhow.

I do have doubles experience and all the endorsements needed I pull doubles at night right now and drive by exit state route 7 on the Ohio pike overnight where the triples get off at.

Anyhow what's cool is I did fill out my application and I got an email back this morning now I realize that, none of this is true yet but they did say hello we see that your application meets our criteria we would like some more info so I submitted what they wanted and now I am waiting to here back, but it was cool that something in the computer saw my application and wanted to pass it along. So I got a little excited about that.

Good luck.

When you finally get hired, Mike, as part of the perk of joining the ABF family, you are entitled to four cement blocks forged and fired in East Little Rock to put any dilapidated vehicle you have up on your front lawn. Contact Stew on how to receive those…… :1036316054:
I could have used those this summer I had 3 cars here at my house down to two now ha-ha.

I work out of 462-north Lima Ohio. Good place to work. U pretty much go 2 Chicago 2 bed and back or a turn. We use to go many different places but things have changed. We got about 40 drivers now. I’m assuming your name is mike? If there is anything I can do to help move it along let me know. I can ask Terminal manager about you. Any questions about working in north Lima Ohio I can answer them for u. Take care

When you finally get hired, Mike, as part of the perk of joining the ABF family, you are entitled to four cement blocks forged and fired in East Little Rock to put any dilapidated vehicle you have up on your front lawn. Contact Stew on how to receive those…… :1036316054:
Maybe SOR will give Judy a call & put in a good word for Mike. How about it SOR. :6799:

Well thanks for your support I'll see what tomorrow brings. I have doubles experience and all the endorsements they would need and want and then some basically I have every endorsement except for School Bus. I pull doubles right now for another company, but I run by the North Lima terminal overnight when I am working.

Still am currently at my current employer it'll be 8 years in March at the same place so I am not a job hopper. I thought this would be a good fit for me and so far what I am reading it is.

Thanks all.

He should go to Columbus to start. More bonus money there.

Hi guys,

Congratulations. A word of advice, be truthful on your application. Answer every question to the best of your knowledge. Traffic violations, if you have any, won't necessarily disqualify you, but not being truthful is the kiss of death on backgroud checks at ABF.
I think ABF is one of the best companies you could ever work for. I assume you have a HazMat endorsement. That is also required.

Congratulations. A word of advice, be truthful on your application. Answer every question to the best of your knowledge. Traffic violations, if you have any, won't necessarily disqualify you, but not being truthful is the kiss of death on backgroud checks at ABF.
I think ABF is one of the best companies you could ever work for. I assume you have a HazMat endorsement. That is also required.
I was truthful I did have a non-DOT reportable incodent and I did tell them on my application what happened. I would never lie I was truthful. Things happen in life. I do have HAZMAT and all that stuff I meet all the criteria. No tickets or anything like that, I'm not much of a speeder in my car and the truck I drive at my current job is about as slow as it gets so that's alright.

Don’t forget to tell him about the 90 day free pass to the ”Peppermint Hippo”.
Also, Puddin’ wants to know if you are single!!!
Something about HealthCare coverage for her twelve children.
Make that eleven children. I think 381 is required by law to provide coverage for one of them.
:lmao::lmao: :lmao:

Maybe SOR will give Judy a call & put in a good word for Mike. How about it SOR. :6799:
After my conversation with Judy and Wes K. back in 2010 at a NLR meeting about concessions, you may not want to even mention my name to Judy. Not that I was disrespectful to her or anything, but we were certainly not seeing eye-to-eye. She may not even remember that meeting, but I sure do. First and only time I ever met
Mr. Young III was at that meeting. I have nothing but respect for the Young family.

Don’t forget to tell him about the 90 day free pass to the ”Peppermint Hippo”.
Also, Puddin’ wants to know if you are single!!!
Something about HealthCare coverage for her twelve children.
Make that eleven children. I think 381 is required by law to provide coverage for one of them.
:lmao::lmao: :lmao:
I’m married and have a cat and we have a hard enough time with him 11-12 kids that would be very difficult lol.

I was truthful I did have a non-DOT reportable incodent and I did tell them on my application what happened. I would never lie I was truthful. Things happen in life. I do have HAZMAT and all that stuff I meet all the criteria. No tickets or anything like that, I'm not much of a speeder in my car and the truck I drive at my current job is about as slow as it gets so that's alright.
I’ll send you a PM of the benefits to always drive no faster than 46 mph. Also, get yourself some paper bags.

After my conversation with Judy and Wes K. back in 2010 at a NLR meeting about concessions, you may not want to even mention my name to Judy. Not that I was disrespectful to her or anything, but we were certainly not seeing eye-to-eye. She may not even remember that meeting, but I sure do. First and only time I ever met
Mr. Young III was at that meeting. I have nothing but respect for the Young family.
Wasn’t that the meeting you showed up wearing, Bib cutoffs, and a tie?

Wasn’t that the meeting you showed up wearing, Bib cutoffs, and a tie?
The bib cutoffs are pretty much a staple in the warm months down in these parts. The tie was used for professionalism and respect. I wanted them to know I meant business. Only problem was, the clip on the tie got bent. So my tie kept falling off. So being a problem solver, I stapled it to my bibs to hold it in place.

Last edited: