R&L | SO today is employee appreciation day at my terminal

Cromag

TB Lurker
Credits
3 straight days at home and I've been on call like this I'd say around 55-60 days since January when our terminal started keeping people home because of **** poor freight. I can tell you that 2/3 of those call in days I was not brought in at all. My personal and vacation days were used to make hours, my next vacation coming up.. tough s*** on those plans, thanks. They bury 18, 19, 20 stops on everyone knowing they can't get empty all because that's the rule, yet combining a little off a couple routes into a run could bring me in the pay the F'n bills. Pickups have dropped drastically because we don't have enough drivers to pick their freight up and I heard from our sales people business are fed up with our terminals lack of service. So to those who get to work every day and don't have to stress out about how to feed your family and are TRULY appreciated at R&L enjoy your burgers today, I'd join you but I'm out of gas in my car and I can't give plasma until Saturday to make a whopping $30 to fill it. See it seems I'm only appreciated when I am able to bail out my terminal when the other drivers who get to work run out of hours and I come in to work 1 or 2 full days a week for the scraps! To me that's not being appreciated.. that's being the b**** and my terminal and R&L can go find another b**** to screw over!

Its pretty obvious Cromag, NOBODY CARES!!! You know that I do, and I wish you the best...Keep on searching, there are much better places to work than R&L...

Numbers, numbers, numbers is all we hear about when we raise the same issue at my terminal. We have enough work for two more drivers and are told that the numbers dont support it. I started telling my customers to call Corp direct with their complaints about our service...

I have always had TOTAL respect for Senior!!! To me, he is an awesome man, and what he built in R&L starting with nothing (not even a high school diploma) is amazing...I have met him several times, and its a honor to be in his presence.

The way the employee's were treated when he ran this company, is something I will never forget, it was awesome...It was a pleasure to come to work.

It is hard to believe that he his involved in the decision making at R&L...I am not saying he is not, but its hard to believe.

If the whole company is being run like the Knoxville terminal, it is only a matter of a short time, until R&L will be out of business...Some of you may know, under the old forum, I was Braceface, and for years, I was the biggest R&L Carriers cheerleader there was...

I would completely defend this company if anyone ever said anything bad about it...It is amazing how the morale of everyone in Knoxville has been completely destroyed in the last 4 years, and everyone is working against everyone. From what I hear from our linehaul drivers, its not just Knoxville either.

I have always had TOTAL respect for Senior!!! To me, he is an awesome man, and what he built in R&L starting with nothing (not even a high school diploma) is amazing...I have met him several times, and its a honor to be in his presence.

The way the employee's were treated when he ran this company, is something I will never forget, it was awesome...It was a pleasure to come to work.

It is hard to believe that he his involved in the decision making at R&L...I am not saying he is not, but its hard to believe.

If the whole company is being run like the Knoxville terminal, it is only a matter of a short time, until R&L will be out of business...Some of you may know, under the old forum, I was Braceface, and for years, I was the biggest R&L Carriers cheerleader there was...

I would completely defend this company if anyone ever said anything bad about it...It is amazing how the morale of everyone in Knoxville has been completely destroyed in the last 4 years, and everyone is working against everyone. From what I hear from our linehaul drivers, its not just Knoxville either.

It's not just Knoxville; I can say for sure that 5 terminal’s out west are horrible places to work at. The turnover rate is very high compared to our competitor’s. A lot of our problems are from our regional director and local management, but when you bring the company wide problems into it, this place is going to hell in a hand basket fast.

Sorry to hear about what's going back east guys, but at my place everything is cool.
Everybody works, no roll backs on start times, freight levels are steady, things are as they should be.
My run is ready on time, my tractor pulls well and nobody messes with me.

That's one of the reasons I don't get on here much anymore, it's a ***** fest, and I just can't relate, sorry..........

I think where we are having problems are terminals with newer managers. It seems that the terminals with seasoned TMs still play by the old rule book. They look at the bigger picture and have enough moxie that they run their terminals with the customers and the employees both in mind.

I think Corp sees that the newer managers are not confident, and they lean on them to manage a certain way. The seasoned TMs have their ass covered, and know that they will have more leeway to run their barns as they see fit. That is pretty much the way it is for me. Good equip, no rollbacks, and little interference from management...

jmho...

It has gotten really bad at our terminal!!! I am leaving the company after 18 years!!! Tired of complaining about it!! I am moving on, and currently working out my 2 week notice!!

I wish all of you well! If it was anything close to what it was like when Senior was running things, I would be staying until retirement!!!

I have 15-20 years of work left to go, and I can't and don't want to work here anymore...

It has gotten really bad at our terminal!!! I am leaving the company after 18 years!!! Tired of complaining about it!! I am moving on, and currently working out my 2 week notice!!

I wish all of you well! If it was anything close to what it was like when Senior was running things, I would be staying until retirement!!!

I have 15-20 years of work left to go, and I can't and don't want to work here anymore...

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Good luck Driver..