TForce | So whats the breaking news?

The only thing is more consolidation. Company going to 2 regions, east and west. Elimination of positions that don't add to the bottom line .

Some news that DOES seem to be solid is that it looks like we're switching to vans for linehaul and using tandem axle tractors to tow 'em.
We've got just 1 tandem tractor and 8 single axle new tractors. Hopefully someone will realize that pulling vans we need tandem axles and stop ordering single axles.

We've got just 1 tandem tractor and 8 single axle new tractors. Hopefully someone will realize that pulling vans we need tandem axles and stop ordering single axles.
You don't necessarily need tandem axle tractors for vans. It all depends on load weights as I'm sure you know.

Well, here's some other solid news:

NORA GONE.

Now, i want to make clear----Nora is/was a very good person, a very decent person. Make no mistake. She just wasn't cutting the mustard as RDO.

i never got around to discussing here the talks i had with her. She defended the use of doubles for linehaul-----and look what we are doing now. This is something i've been pushing for, for years....

Well, here's some other solid news:

NORA GONE.

Now, i want to make clear----Nora is/was a very good person, a very decent person. Make no mistake. She just wasn't cutting the mustard as RDO.

i never got around to discussing here the talks i had with her. She defended the use of doubles for linehaul-----and look what we are doing now. This is something i've been pushing for, for years....
Any word on her replacement?

Any word on her replacement?
No, and i know it's painfully obviously and i've said it before: We need someone has ACTUALLY driven a truck and worked on the dock. And NOT a road driver either. i'm not saying road driving is easy, because you and i both know it's NOT. But it's out-of-touch with what city driving entails.

Being totally objective, i think i would make a good candidate. i'm not exactly sure how to apply though.

i pushed for this for years and look what we are now doing:

i also pushed for earlier start times for city drivers........and now look what we are finally doing.....

No, and i know it's painfully obviously and i've said it before: We need someone has ACTUALLY driven a truck and worked on the dock. And NOT a road driver either. i'm not saying road driving is easy, because you and i both know it's NOT. But it's out-of-touch with what city driving entails.

Being totally objective, i think i would make a good candidate. i'm not exactly sure how to apply though.

i pushed for this for years and look what we are now doing:

i also pushed for earlier start times for city drivers........and now look what we are finally doing.....
Aren’t you down to 8 city and 5 road guys now?

I know drivers who are complaining about being overweight on the drives yet continue to pull them ...makes my head hurt.
They need to pull some freight off then… that’s freight that can be hauled by another driver. Your steward should be ALL over that.