Yellow | Social Security Information

Isn't it wierd they are paying more while trying to cut the amount paid in thru the Payroll Tax???? If it's broke, or about to be- how does lowering the amount that funds it make things better? This isn't like lowering Income Tax, where things can be written off and lead to hiring and more tax revenue. In SSI, once it's gone, it's gone, right??????

It`s called"Buying Votes". This is an election year coming up and these incumbents will do whatever it takes to be re-elected. Most people on social security really need the extra money and I`m glad they are getting it,but it seems strange that for the last 2 years there were no raises and come an election year the raises come along. They claimed that there was no inflation for the last 2 years,but we all know better. As far as the payroll tax rates temporarily being lowered,we all can use the extra money,but the real reason for it is "Votes". The incumbents want to be re-elected regardless of the impact to the people or the financial well being of the country.

It`s called"Buying Votes". This is an election year coming up and these incumbents will do whatever it takes to be re-elected. Most people on social security really need the extra money and I`m glad they are getting it,but it seems strange that for the last 2 years there were no raises and come an election year the raises come along. They claimed that there was no inflation for the last 2 years,but we all know better. As far as the payroll tax rates temporarily being lowered,we all can use the extra money,but the real reason for it is "Votes". The incumbents want to be re-elected regardless of the impact to the people or the financial well being of the country.

That sums it up pretty succinctly.....I notice you simply stated "incumbents" without regard to party affiliation.. Good observation!.......