Solar Power?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5115
  • Start date
cost per kwh .11 I use around 1000 kwh per month so some I will owe some I will have a surplus
Your system is about 1/3 the size of mine so we can use that as a comparison. My average is supposed to be a little less than 2000 per month so you should average over 600 and you should even do better being farther to the south. I don't know how our rain days compare. I made about 880 kWh for the last ten days in July, less than 3 times your production for that time period.

How does it put up in cloudy conditions? I mean, when the sunlight is scarce, is this useful?
Some rain days are really bad, like 14 kWh compared to 115 on a good day two days later. So far those days have been few. May was about 15 rain days but still produced over 2 MWh. Then even on the good days the PM clouds build and dampen production a little. It is all taken into account when they predict how a system will perform.

August comes to a close and the numbers for the month are 2.56 MWh produced, which is a little more than forecast for the month (90 KWh more). It amounts to $308 worth of electricity for the month, definitely more than I used and will put some into the bank for winter.

I am able to monitor my system through the internet and I keep the tab open, check it often and compare it to the previous days. Today was a cooler, lower humidity day than we have had and it should have been a great production day. I noticed early that it was not the best day in the bunch but it was not off the charts low either. However, as the day went on it was discernibly lower and something was not right. I went into the layout where I can monitor each individual panel and one inverter was only producing half the power that the other one was. :confused1: This did fall in line with the apparent 3/4 of the production that I should have had. Out to the garage and check right at the inverter control panel and it confirmed what I saw on the internet. I rebooted the system shutting down the rogue inverter for about 5 minutes and leaving the other one one. Upon restart all worked as it should. The system shuts down every night and the problem would most likely have cleared itself on next startup but it did put a dent in production for the day. This was the first time that this has happened.

Yesterday same thing happened except that this time that 1 inverter would not restart and it gave an error code. :eek new: My installer was able to check the system through the web, contact the equipment manufacturer and it turned out that the power company had a voltage regulator fail up the street, which resulted in a voltage increase and the system shut down automatically. They came out right away and fixed the problem, all is well. :guiness:

Death ray.... solar power

OH MY! :disgust: What is a tree hugger to do? :confused1: Why this could even pit tree hugger against tree hugger! And PETA knows exactly which side they stand on, no question there. But...what a way to go for the birds. How they handle this one should be interesting.

I was thinking chicken wings. ...
lol...smoke trails from the birds as they take thier dive.......

at the garbage dump, they shoot off sound blasting shells.

at the airport (at least here) they do the same, to keep the runways clear.

but that costs money to have people just to shoot into the air, ever so often, then the equipment and refills.

birds are a nuisance anyway's....if they ain't crapping on my freshly washed/polished car, they are crapping on my garden.

i say put up very tall poles with signs on them saying...."No Fly Zone"...or "Fly at your own risk"...

if Deer crossing signs are along the roads, and keep the deer away, the no fly zone signs, should work as well.

I would think that they should have some kind of sound system that gave out loud blasts periodically or when an attendant pressed a button