TForce | Some contractors running, yet company trucks parked?

maxicoze

TB Regular
Credits
This probably doesn't affect me directly; i've been running and actually running heavier than usual since all last week. My run got put back in service and most of our niteliners are back in service. Other terminals have me running their freight (in addition to running my own, instead of using their own drivers), not sure why? So, that's why i'm running even heavier than usual.

But i thought i would bring this to your attention so we could analyze and comment on it:

Stopping thru H-town last week (i think weds, thurs and fri), i had never seen so many trucks parked (including the sleeper units and you know THOSE mofos RUN.) The only other time i've seen so many trucks parked at H-town was on weekends.

Yet, there was at least 8 (eight) contractors running? i didn't take any pictures because i didn't want to appear rude, but trust me on this.

Now, my only thought about the reasoning behind this is that these contractors are taking out loads to "end of line" terminals. And there's no freight coming back. In this case, it would be cheaper for the company to do this? Then, again, if the contractors are getting paid ALL miles (loaded and empty?) Then, this doesn't make sense either?

Just thought i'd let you know.

eJdczF8.jpg

Apparently if they are not "red circled" terminals there is some wiggle room in the way they claim to be able to dispatch. All affected drivers must file on that run..

Nah don't worry about it now you voted for it
First off you don't know how I voted. This just goes to show the company is going to do what ever it F#$&@*g wants, whenever it F*^@#^g wants to do it and our Union leaders will stand by with their di%$s in their hand and swear it was the "best" contract available. Suck it up buttercups... I haven't been in a truck for over 2 weeks, even with over 26 years seniority. Am I worried, no, I was prepared. Will I jam my thumb in managements eye every chance I get, you bet. Until they acknowledge it is THEIR policies and inept low and mid-level managers ffffing everything up... By the way I voted an abstention..

First off you don't know how I voted. This just goes to show the company is going to do what ever it F#$&@*g wants, whenever it F*^@#^g wants to do it and our Union leaders will stand by with their di%$s in their hand and swear it was the "best" contract available. Suck it up buttercups... I haven't been in a truck for over 2 weeks, even with over 26 years seniority. Am I worried, no, I was prepared. Will I jam my thumb in managements eye every chance I get, you bet. Until they acknowledge it is THEIR policies and inept low and mid-level managers ffffing everything up... By the way I voted an abstention..
Like I said you voted for it

In Chicagoland, drayage carriers are moving UPSF pups.
Bottom of barrel intermodal carriers like Pacella.

Did UPSF outsource linehaul to their brokerage Coyote?

If you're in a red circle yard. File file file.they must offer 5 consecutive work days. 8 hours a day. If they don't have driving work they must offer you something else.

Why should they pay one of you a king’s ransom when one of them other yahoos will haul the $hit for 12 cents a mile?

In Chicagoland, drayage carriers are moving UPSF pups.
Bottom of barrel intermodal carriers like Pacella.

Did UPSF outsource linehaul to their brokerage Coyote?
Worst part is there is Union companies they can use like NRS Nationwide Rail Service Local 710 and another in Park City northern suburbs forgot their name few more too. Pacella has mob ties so I guess they have an arrangement with the Teamsters?