Central Transport | Some Details about morons insurance

We have those 3 plans in Dallas with all the prices...Remember we are completely integrated. The problem is the plans are not that widely accepted...Many haven't even heard of them and they have a reputation of denying claims of the ones that have. Its beginning to look like unemployment benefits and the Affordable health care act is not totally without its merit. Many are looking forward to getting fired or laid off to apply.

we have those 3 plans in dallas with all the prices...remember we are completely integrated. The problem is the plans are not that widely accepted...many haven't even heard of them and they have a reputation of denying claims of the ones that have. Its beginning to look like unemployment benefits and the affordable health care act is not totally without its merit. Many are looking forward to getting fired or laid off to apply.

just for ***** and giggles my wife called our pharmacy to see if they take this insurance and they said "we never heard of it"

I guess we should all plan on going out of network and paying 30% for everything---at least until Spring.
Yes....after you meet the deductible....750 deduct...weekly single$ 63....double $101....family 3. $117.....family 4. $126 family 5 $134....They pay not 1 dime until you meet deductible...750 deductible...1250 deductible...1450 deductible per person...pick your poison.

Until I saw this Cherokee insurance, the Highmark plan we have at Vitran is the worst we've ever had in both of our careers. The deductibles and out of pocket are just as high. But at least our healthcare providers accept Highmark as in network. It's a big deal that Cherokee will all be out-of-network for us. This is unacceptable coverage for that reason. We have to look for other health insurance options to buy privately. If we can't find better in-network coverage for the same price, we'll need to look for new jobs that provide health insurance via real insurance companies that are accepted by our area providers.

Until I saw this Cherokee insurance, the Highmark plan we have at Vitran is the worst we've ever had in both of our careers. The deductibles and out of pocket are just as high. But at least our healthcare providers accept Highmark as in network. It's a big deal that Cherokee will all be out-of-network for us. This is unacceptable coverage for that reason. We have to look for other health insurance options to buy privately. If we can't find better in-network coverage for the same price, we'll need to look for new jobs that provide health insurance via real insurance companies that are accepted by our area providers.

What I found is going through our regular insurance guy (homeowners, car, etc.) we could get much better name brand coverage for the same price as Cherokee. Still not cheap but at least its accepted in our area, pays more and has a lower deductible.

So very damn true....The insurance is one step above worthless...I would almost call it a scam.

I'm guessing the higher the deductible the lower the weekly cost?
1250 deductible....$48 single...double $76...family3. $85...family4 $96...family5 $108.........1450 deductible....single $36....double$52...family3 $59...family4 $67 ..family5...$76......now keep in mind 10dollars for delta dental....so just add 10 for dental...no vision...The dental is not that bad....But the healthcare is basically worthless because no one takes it....Well let me rephrase, very very few...OK on the 750 deduct....90/10......in network...70/30 for out of network......1250deduct....80/20 in network...70/30 out of network.....1450deduct....75/25 in network.....65/35 out of network....and most of it will be out of network since very few take it...Prescription info or other ?...Send me PM.....no short term disability available.....50.000 life ins. free

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes....after you meet the deductible....750 deduct...weekly single$ 63....double $101....family 3. $117.....family 4. $126 family 5 $134....They pay not 1 dime until you meet deductible...750 deductible...1250 deductible...1450 deductible per person...pick your poison.
750 deductible prices

1250 deductible....$48 single...double $76...family3. $85...family4 $96...family5 $108.........1450 deductible....single $36....double$52...family3 $59...family4 $67 ..family5...$76......now keep in mind 10dollars for delta dental....so just add 10 for dental...no vision...The dental is not that bad....But the healthcare is basically worthless because no one takes it....Well let me rephrase, very very few...OK on the 750 deduct....90/10......in network...70/30 for out of network......1250deduct....80/20 in network...70/30 out of network.....1450deduct....75/25 in network.....65/35 out of network....and most of it will be out of network since very few take it...Prescription info or other ?...Send me PM.....no short term disability available.....50.000 life ins. free

Thanks, RT. This is the info that I was looking for. My wife will go on Medicare and maybe I will do a single.

O.K., so the dental is $20/wk for the wife and I. $1040 per year. $100 deductible each. So now I'm up to $1240/yr. Routine cleaning twice for each,x-rays. That's it. Neither has had a filling in several years. Kinda sounds a little high just to get your teeth cleaned. IMO

O.K., so the dental is $20/wk for the wife and I. $1040 per year. $100 deductible each. So now I'm up to $1240/yr. Routine cleaning twice for each,x-rays. That's it. Neither has had a filling in several years. Kinda sounds a little high just to get your teeth cleaned. IMO
It depends. Insurance is for "what if." A root canal costs $1,000 and that doesn't include the crown if you need one. So a root canal with a crown could be well over $2,000 total for just one tooth. If you want to take the gamble and not get insurance, make sure you always have enough credit available on your credit cards or enough in your savings to cover the unexpected and uncommon "what if" expenses that ultimately happen to everyone eventually.

You're paying $620/year for each person to have at least $1,000 coverage (the standard).

Our Vitran policy paid $1,500 for a procedure. (Not a root canal, not a crown.) Part was covered by medical and part was covered by dental. The procedure was at least $2,000 because we paid $500 cash towards it. I'm sharing this to put the $100 deductible into perspective.

Last edited by a moderator: