Yellow | Some funny stuff with tractor numbers...

Triplex

Experienced stalker
PREMIUM
Credits
Go out to my unit in the ready line yesterday and start up the tractor. It's a new Volvo with only about 20,000 miles on it. Go to choose my tractor in the ELD but my unit doesn't show up in the list. I type in the tractor number and it comes back with something to the effect that it's not a valid number. I double check the tractor number and try again and get the same result. Shut off tractor and ELD and restart both and again same result. OK, I'll do manual log for the trip, something obviously wrong. Outside the yard I again try to assign tractor but again number not valid but the top tractor number in the list (not mine) shows a strong Bluetooth connection. How can that be with no other tractors around? Anyway I assign that tractor number and everything works fine for the rest of the trip. When I get back I write this up and go tell the shop supervisor about it. Lo and behold he's aware of the problem. It seems some new tractors came from Volvo with miss-assigned tractor numbers. The number painted on the tractor was the correct number even though the Bluetooth indicated number (and the number on the registration card) were incorrect. In addition, he tells me that one new tractor that came in had a number in front different from the number in back of the cab. Gee, I wonder if any of this was connected to the UAW strike at Volvo Truck which was just settled? Naw, couldn't be! :smile new:

Go out to my unit in the ready line yesterday and start up the tractor. It's a new Volvo with only about 20,000 miles on it. Go to choose my tractor in the ELD but my unit doesn't show up in the list. I type in the tractor number and it comes back with something to the effect that it's not a valid number. I double check the tractor number and try again and get the same result. Shut off tractor and ELD and restart both and again same result. OK, I'll do manual log for the trip, something obviously wrong. Outside the yard I again try to assign tractor but again number not valid but the top tractor number in the list (not mine) shows a strong Bluetooth connection. How can that be with no other tractors around? Anyway I assign that tractor number and everything works fine for the rest of the trip. When I get back I write this up and go tell the shop supervisor about it. Lo and behold he's aware of the problem. It seems some new tractors came from Volvo with miss-assigned tractor numbers. The number painted on the tractor was the correct number even though the Bluetooth indicated number (and the number on the registration card) were incorrect. In addition, he tells me that one new tractor that came in had a number in front different from the number in back of the cab. Gee, I wonder if any of this was connected to the UAW strike at Volvo Truck which was just settled? Naw, couldn't be! :smile new:

You sure it was new, I get them from G67 that way when they renumber them............................

So here is another number story. Currently quite a few line haul tractors are being converted to city tractors. All the way up to 2016s. They had to temporarily stop. City tractors began with a 6. Some are 66.... They ran out of numbers. Sixes are what they ran out of.

So here is another number story. Currently quite a few line haul tractors are being converted to city tractors. All the way up to 2016s. They had to temporarily stop. City tractors began with a 6. Some are 66.... They ran out of numbers. Sixes are what they ran out of.
I wonder if they still have an abundance of 9’s kicking around. I certainly wouldn’t want anyone to think outside the box on this.