Yellow | Some Jimmies for you experienced hands

Just did the port engine over the winter the starboard we did 2 years ago.
My buddy who owns it is talking about a bigger one.......................
Had a friend who is now deceased, bought a 42'
with 454 Chevys.
He had a world of problems and replaced them with 3208 Cats.
I think he could have traded boats cheaper.

Had a friend who is now deceased, bought a 42'
with 454 Chevys.
He had a world of problems and replaced them with 3208 Cats.
I think he could have traded boats cheaper.
I knew a guy, now deceased, that raced boats. He was a mopar man & ran hemi's. He would often try them out (with open headers), on the Arkansas River early Sunday mornings in the North Little Rock area where he lived. Sunday mornings are normally the quietest time of the week. People near the river would call the police but he was on a navigable water way so there was no law to stop him. He knew most of the police officers so they did not bother him.

I knew a guy, now deceased, that raced boats. He was a mopar man & ran hemi's. He would often try them out (with open headers), on the Arkansas River early Sunday mornings in the North Little Rock area where he lived. Sunday mornings are normally the quietest time of the week. People near the river would call the police but he was on a navigable water way so there was no law to stop him. He knew most of the police officers so they did not bother him.
I also had a deceased friend who raced hydroplanes. (outboards)
He was a retired Piedmont Air Lines pilot.
Said he never won a lot, just spent a lot.

And others like Rick Hendrick made a large fortune because of their desire to go racing.
But yes you are right for every HMS there are probably 1000 guys spending every dollar they have to race..............................................
I only race other YRCF drivers running neck and neck at 63 mph. It usually comes down to the wire where we are separated by only 0.00001 seconds at the finish. :bananapartyhat:

These were 25 series, I think 1986 or 87 models.
I think there were 200 of the U model Macks.
See if you can locate the Mack picture.

Here we go I was at the lake camp. Yes sir you are correct the 26 series were Freightliners cabovers that Jiffed up. The KW flatnoses were also 26 series. I don't remember if they jiffed or not. These are the blue tractors not the red P I E ones.

Are you sure they were not U models?
I never saw any Macks in 90, I ran a Jax bid.
The 26 series were COE Freightliners with Jiffs.
The last tractors I remember were 100 used ABF Volvos, I don't recall the series numbers.

The Volvos that PIE bought came from ABF I think they were 25 series. If you remember they were still green on the back wall inside but painted blue outside. The a/c units were also on the back wall. In Roadway speak they were the 44 series White/ Volvo set back axle units. 40,41,43 series were all set forward axles with the a/c on the back wall. They were twin sisters hood wise but Roadway had the full wind screen were as ABF/PIE units had the smaller stand up screens with the uprights on the back. No porch light like the Roadway units that had the BIG R that lit up with lights on.

The Volvos that PIE bought came from ABF I think they were 25 series. If you remember they were still green on the back wall inside but painted blue outside. The a/c units were also on the back wall. In Roadway speak they were the 44 series White/ Volvo set back axle units. 40,41,43 series were all set forward axles with the a/c on the back wall. They were twin sisters hood wise but Roadway had the full wind screen were as ABF/PIE units had the smaller stand up screens with the uprights on the back. No porch light like the Roadway units that had the BIG R that lit up with lights on.
The air conditioners were built by Kyser & were called 'Back Pack' self contained units. They worked very well. It was one of the most simple units to service because everything was in one location except of course the dryer & compressor.

The air conditioners were built by Kyser & were called 'Back Pack' self contained units. They worked very well. It was one of the most simple units to service because everything was in one location except of course the dryer & compressor.
All our units ran these with the exception of some West Coast units, don't recall what the Helms ran.
The Kysers did a good job.