XPO | Some real benefits to winning the driving championships

jstdrivin

TB Lurker
Credits
I think the company should give us some real benefits to winning the driving championships. money is good. but im talking about trucks. someone that wins in nationals should get their choice of trucks. if you win now you get a new sterling with your name on it to drive everyday. come on. we should buy them something nice. maybe a peterbilt or volvo, even a kenworth. with a real seat, and some real comforts. now that would stand out, someone driving a peterbilt lettered up with conway on it. thats a real reward to winning. quit being cheap when it comes to trucks.

You could not possibly be a con-way driver. Or at the very least, not one who has been here very long.:hysterical::hysterical:

I think the company should give us some real benefits to winning the driving championships. money is good. but im talking about trucks. someone that wins in nationals should get their choice of trucks. if you win now you get a new sterling with your name on it to drive everyday. come on. we should buy them something nice. maybe a peterbilt or volvo, even a kenworth. with a real seat, and some real comforts. now that would stand out, someone driving a peterbilt lettered up with conway on it. thats a real reward to winning. quit being cheap when it comes to trucks.
I though all seats were like the Sterling seat. Do they make comfortable seats?:funky:

Don't forget your new F-150 4x4 if you win the nationals..Yours to keep after you pay them taxes. :1036316054:

You could not possibly be a con-way driver. Or at the very least, not one who has been here very long.:hysterical::hysterical:
sure am a driver. ten years. i've driven plenty of nice trucks. none of them said conway on the side. i drive an 06 road tractor every day in the city. is it nice? its nicer than the fords in our yard i guess.

Listed in our glossy handout was a benefit describing how participating will earn the respect and admiration of your fellow employees.

Now THAT's good enough for me.

Might be a rumor but i heard if you win you get a lifetime supply of the new flaming (in more ways than one) racing hats.:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Curiously though...do you make more money driving a conway pete or kenworth at 62mph??? If you really really think about it...you need a seat (small pillows can level them out), a coffee cup holder, a place to put your radio box, and windshield wipers that work...what else do you really need to make your daily or nightly run??? Style?? Does that come on thursdays pay?? Nope..then ya dont need it...

Curiously though...do you make more money driving a conway pete or kenworth at 62mph??? If you really really think about it...you need a seat (small pillows can level them out), a coffee cup holder, a place to put your radio box, and windshield wipers that work...what else do you really need to make your daily or nightly run??? Style?? Does that come on thursdays pay?? Nope..then ya dont need it...
its not a matter of need. its comfort. you're right about the money. i make the same money peddling freight in a ford as i do in a sterling with a/c. merely comfort.

Listed in our glossy handout was a benefit describing how participating will earn the respect and admiration of your fellow employees.

Now That's good enough for me.

all b-s aside to anyone thats hasn't participated in a truck rodeo it really is something you should at least do once in your career.

Have never done the TDC but I've competed it the CCX truck rodeo and was treated very well. It was fun and I liked and trusted Conway then. Today, I question their motives and I do not like the message I send if I were to participate again.

Have never done the TDC but I've competed it the CCX truck rodeo and was treated very well. It was fun and I liked and trusted Conway then. Today, I question their motives and I do not like the message I send if I were to participate again.
thats very well said. i think a lot of drivers in the company feel the same way.

all b-s aside to anyone thats hasn't participated in a truck rodeo it really is something you should at least do once in your career.

I compete in the rodeo every single night! 500 miles every day in the mountains with snow, deer,rock & mudslides, dumb@ss, 4-wheelers! And everyday that I return with no accidents, injuries, or tickets, I win the rodeo!! I won it again last night! In fact I've won it every night for almost 22 years. It's called the Reality Rodeo, not Conways version on how close you can get to a cone or how fast you can go through a course. Screw their rodeo! Good luck to all who decide to compete in it though. Just not my cup of tea.

I compete in the rodeo every single night! 500 miles every day in the mountains with snow, deer,rock & mudslides, dumb@ss, 4-wheelers! And everyday that I return with no accidents, injuries, or tickets, I win the rodeo!! I won it again last night! In fact I've won it every night for almost 22 years. It's called the Reality Rodeo, not Conways version on how close you can get to a cone or how fast you can go through a course. Screw their rodeo! Good luck to all who decide to compete in it though. Just not my cup of tea.
ill pat :highfive:you on the back when your done.....