1. All employers have a social media policy, Your identity is UNKNOWN on Truckingboards unless you reveal it somehow yourself. When you post to Facebook Trucking Groups, everybody knows your name. Think about it.

Someone Explain This To Me

Discussion in 'Central States Pension Fund Discussion' started by Dracula, Jul 12, 2019.

1. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Driver Since:
    Paying more in would be a waste. The CSPF has been on the road to failure since the mid 1970s, when the IRS regulated not allowing over funding. It would take another $30 billion or so to keep the fund going. Only the Government can do that, and only by printing imaginary dollars.

buffalobill likes this.
  2. Puff Driver

Puff Driver Active Member

More importantly the teamsters sat & watched as companies shut down and the number of members contributing to the pension became lower than the numbers or retirees pulling $$$ out of the funds.
    A third grader would know that is a recipe for disaster... only a matter of time...
    Pensions are Ponzi schemes, as long as there are more people putting $$$ in than taking out, it is fine... When that formula changes, checkmate...

jimmy g likes this.
  3. Elwood

Elwood Question Authority

Be mad at those enrolled in failing funds. My pension has been set in stone since June of 09. I don’t want YRC to resume those contributions at full or even a higher rate. I much prefer those monies be contributed to my 401k. Then the $$ is mine and my family’s after my demise.

buffalobill and jimmy g like this.
  4. mud

mud Wonderin' AD-FREE USER

Why should we be mad at those enrolled in failing funds??

5. Elwood

Elwood Question Authority

If one were to be ‘mad,’ why be ‘mad’ at successful funds?

I’m not. I’m suggesting he should focus his anger at the appropriate soure.

6. muddog

muddog Active Member

Regardless of anyone’s political affiliation, I don’t care how we get it, we all earned it. I got 25 in, I want mine, I earned it. We all did..

Crystal likes this.
  7. Dracula

Dracula Well-Known Member

It's not a question of did you play by the rules and earn it. The question is who promised it to you?

jimmy g likes this.
  8. Roadway spy

Roadway spy Active Member

They have robbed Peter to pay Paul that’s what they do. You’ll get nothing.

9. rtm457

rtm457 Active Member

Whatever you think. There was never enough paid in from one individual to cover the cost of one individuals retirement. The pension was a pyramid scheme from the beginning. I never said anybody owed me anything. It's just ignorant that people would vote for a contract with no pension provisions yet expect to receive a pension.

10. SAC75

SAC75 Well-Known Member

If the government didn’t double the pension payout to retirees there would’ve been enough money to cover everyone. They wrote laws that you couldn’t be over 100% funded so they could double their tax collections from pension holders. That’s what I’m explaining to you. I work for ABF. So I didn’t vote anything in to cut pension payments. I would sooner have the money in a 401(k). At least I can see some of the 375 dollars or so a week ABF is throwing into a bottomless pit.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    buffalobill likes this.
  11. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Driver Since:
    No one not yet retired expects to receive a CSPF Pension. No amount of money that YRCW can pay would save it. How many more times do you have to hear that????

buffalobill and Elwood like this.
  12. muddog

muddog Active Member

Although you are probably correct, I’d love nothing more than to see you eat crow on that statement

buffalobill, SAC75 and jimmy g like this.
  13. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Driver Since:
    I'd love to be wrong. I'm in that fund, and haven't started drawing.

buffalobill and SAC75 like this.
  14. dokman

dokman Well-Known Member

Wrong, 150 a week for 30 years at 6 % growth would give you 3200 a month for 35 years.
    To many fees and too much stupidity put us where we are at.