Someone Explain This To Me

I'm pissed off that the idiots at YRC voted for this contract with no pension provisions. I worked over 30 years and only receive half of what I should be getting, and now with this contract there is a chance I will be getting even less. So yes I may sound greedy because people only saw the raise they we getting with no thought about the future which is exactly what the company wanted. And everyone fell for it. So no I don't care if any of them retire because none of them ever gave a thought about any of us.
Paying more in would be a waste. The CSPF has been on the road to failure since the mid 1970s, when the IRS regulated not allowing over funding. It would take another $30 billion or so to keep the fund going. Only the Government can do that, and only by printing imaginary dollars.

The pension was doomed to failure before UPS got out. They saw the writing on the wall that they would be stuck paying for ALL, after the IRS regulated there to be no over funding, and 25 and out was invented. No contract forcing YRCW to pay more into the fund could save OUR Pension. You do seem greedily about only YOURS being saved tho.... Forcing YRCW to pay more would've bankrupted them, and more members would have flooded the CSPF, forcing insolvency even quicker.
More importantly the teamsters sat & watched as companies shut down and the number of members contributing to the pension became lower than the numbers or retirees pulling $$$ out of the funds.
A third grader would know that is a recipe for disaster... only a matter of time...
Pensions are Ponzi schemes, as long as there are more people putting $$$ in than taking out, it is fine... When that formula changes, checkmate...

I'm pissed off that the idiots at YRC voted for this contract with no pension provisions. I worked over 30 years and only receive half of what I should be getting, and now with this contract there is a chance I will be getting even less. So yes I may sound greedy because people only saw the raise they we getting with no thought about the future which is exactly what the company wanted. And everyone fell for it. So no I don't care if any of them retire because none of them ever gave a thought about any of us.
Be mad at those enrolled in failing funds. My pension has been set in stone since June of 09. I don’t want YRC to resume those contributions at full or even a higher rate. I much prefer those monies be contributed to my 401k. Then the $$ is mine and my family’s after my demise.

Regardless of anyone’s political affiliation, I don’t care how we get it, we all earned it. I got 25 in, I want mine, I earned it. We all did..

Regardless of anyone’s political affiliation, I don’t care how we get it, we all earned it. I got 25 in, I want mine, I earned it. We all did..
It's not a question of did you play by the rules and earn it. The question is who promised it to you?

They do not need to give a thought about you. The money you are receiving should have been paid in while YOU worked. When the pension was started the guys worked, paid into the pension, then started to receive their money after retirement correct? They retired on their own money. So why do you think people who are working now owe anything to you? They don’t. The system is broken because dirty politicians wanted more money so they doubled the pension payouts. They doubled their tax revenue on our backs. Blame the politicians not the fellow teamsters.
Whatever you think. There was never enough paid in from one individual to cover the cost of one individuals retirement. The pension was a pyramid scheme from the beginning. I never said anybody owed me anything. It's just ignorant that people would vote for a contract with no pension provisions yet expect to receive a pension.

Whatever you think. There was never enough paid in from one individual to cover the cost of one individuals retirement. The pension was a pyramid scheme from the beginning. I never said anybody owed me anything. It's just ignorant that people would vote for a contract with no pension provisions yet expect to receive a pension.
If the government didn’t double the pension payout to retirees there would’ve been enough money to cover everyone. They wrote laws that you couldn’t be over 100% funded so they could double their tax collections from pension holders. That’s what I’m explaining to you. I work for ABF. So I didn’t vote anything in to cut pension payments. I would sooner have the money in a 401(k). At least I can see some of the 375 dollars or so a week ABF is throwing into a bottomless pit.

Last edited:
No one not yet retired expects to receive a CSPF Pension. No amount of money that YRCW can pay would save it. How many more times do you have to hear that????

Wrong, 150 a week for 30 years at 6 % growth would give you 3200 a month for 35 years.
To many fees and too much stupidity put us where we are at.