SAIA | something back!

braindead

TB Lurker
Credits
ok,we are all doing our job. profits up, accidents down, freight making it on time, damage down. sooo, when we getting something back??? c'mon man!!! throw us a bone!! 401k back, paycut back,.... show us something!

Yeah...it will come back. Not the original amount plus what they might give us...but we will get it back through annual raises IMO. I might get surprised, you never know.

According to what Rick stated in the conference call, we have to achieve 2 quarters of a .95 operating ratio before they consider giving us something back. Have we ever achieved a .95 OR??

Even though we have achieved 1 quarter of profitability, the analysts seemed disappointed that we aren't going after a greater market share. I agree with the analysts, we should be aggressively going after accounts if they can at least break even or show small profit. That way if the economy recovers, we'll have a larger client base and be in a more dominant position over our competitors. And if the economy dips again, we'll at least have more business to help prevent additional layoffs.

The economy is still very unstable. In this current environment I'm just very grateful to have a job. Even with the reductions we still have a good paying position. Just my opinion, but until we start to see real improvement in the unemployment numbers nationwide, now is not the time to complain about not getting raises and 401k matching. Compared to a lot of people, we have very little to complain about.

I kinda do, but kinda don't agree with you Bogie. We dumped alot of accounts that we were losing money hauling, and lost market share. I agree with your idea of hauling freight with a slim profit margin, but the even freight, I don't know. There was a time when all we had was even filler freight. I too am thankful to still have a steady job.

2 quarters of 95?? What about the 10+ years of profit I’ve seen since the best day of my life!! The day I was hired at the Share and Care!!… lol

it would appear that all companies that took cuts have got them back. i.e. estes received everything back, fedex who didn't take a wage cut, showed a huge loss, got a raise, now.057 a mile. od also got a raise. saia took 5% OF OUR WAGES, TOOK OUR 401K MATCH, WE NOW PAY FOR OUR OWN DENTAL, ARE PUSHED HARDER TO MAKE LESS WITH FASTLY DETERIORATING EQUIPMENT AND TWICE THE PRESSURE FOR MUCH LESS MONEY. WE HAVE BEEN A STRONG, VERY CAPABLE WORK FORCE THAT HAS PROVEN INTEGRITY, STRENTGH AND WILLINGNESS TO GET ER DONE! AND HAVE DONE QUITE WELL. LOOK AT THE NUMBERS. WE DESERVE WHAT WAS TAKEN FROM US AND OUR FAMILIES AND THE TOOLS TO BE ABLE TO MAKE IT CONTINUE TO HAPPEN. WE ARE ALL HERE FOR ONE COMMON GOAL. TIME TO DROP THE LITTLE BATTLE LINES AND GET HER DONE! YOU HAVE TO STEP UP TO PROUD MEN AND SHOW THEM THEY ARE NOT IN IT ALONE. GIVE US OUR ::shit:: BACK, WHICH COMES WITH PRIDE AND WE WILL SMOKE THIS INDUSTRY. YOU HAVE THE BEST, LET US DO OUR JOB

braindead. you make a good point. good working folks do need what was taken. but there's one thing you have to remember. you and every other driver at every company are nothing more than a number. profit is what theses compaies are looking for. gone is the day when the bank statement told whether they made money or not. now it's about what looks good on paper. the savings these companies make by withholding from employee's, is a big boost to department managers. it's all about that everloving pat on the back. as long as theses pats ARE pats, and not a butt shot, sending you out the door, all is good. drivers from every ltl company out there has had some really good ideas about how to turn the industry around and make money, BUT, companies no longer want to make money the old fashioned way. their idea is to SAVE money because it's less work. i do hope things turn around for drivers but it ain't looking too good. nearly every time you turn around, there has been, or one getting ready to be implemented into action.....another blow to the head of truck drivers working for large corporate companies. i'd like to say "hang in there and it will get better" but i'm not sticking my neck out that far. i will say "ride the wave". ride 'em till they fail and try and maintain a way of life for your family, every man/woman has a breaking point, so find yours and don't let it break you into doing something you would one day regret. remember: SAFETY IS YOUR FRIEND.

ok,we are all doing our job. profits up, accidents down, freight making it on time, damage down. sooo, when we getting something back??? c'mon man!!! throw us a bone!! 401k back, paycut back,.... show us something!

What color and flavor are you looking for in this dog bone?:438: