Reddaway | Something Big coming down the pipe USF

C

cheapskate 121

Talking to a higher up at local yellow term, who just happens to be a friend,says some thing big is coming down the pipe regarding USF.. I'm taking this with a grain of salt but doesn't hurt to keep our ears open...

Well, we have already been flushed down the crapper. I feel like we have been headed down the pipe for a while, whatever is at the end of the crapper pipe cant be good.:boat:

Its really pathetic what has happened to the once proud USF,ers.My dad worked for the non-union USF before they were sent packing.My condolences to all you guys.Hope theirs gold at the end of you guys rainbow..:1036316054:

i worked at tnt redstar ,then changed too usf redstar, what a great feeling loved going into work.then we were gone its been 4 years may, that they have been closed .17 and ahalf years good run,now with abf always liked the under dog all most four years with them i wish u guys that are still there the best of luck,and hope u guys will gett as many years in that i got.

Hoping for the Best

I heard what happen to the Bestway folks and it's to bad I've been with the company for 10 years now,I can say it's not as enjoyable a company to work for now as it used to be,we all feel like walking # to the brass ready to be canned the moment we don't meet the #'s there looking for!!!

i worked at tnt redstar ,then changed too usf redstar, what a great feeling loved going into work.then we were gone its been 4 years may, that they have been closed .17 and ahalf years good run,now with abf always liked the under dog all most four years with them i wish u guys that are still there the best of luck,and hope u guys will gett as many years in that i got.

Was with them when they were TNT United, left shortly after becomming USF reddaway, went to work for AF, which was the best company in the industry to work for, now its(Fed-Ex Freight) just another driving job

looking back

:chairshot: Does anybody remember when yellow bought Preston, run seperate at first then merged to share dock space only, then shared management, then closed Preston after relocating all the drivers. sound familiar?:smilie_132:

:chairshot: Does anybody remember when yellow bought Preston, run seperate at first then merged to share dock space only, then shared management, then closed Preston after relocating all the drivers. sound familiar?:smilie_132:

Good Point but where did they relocate the drivers to ?

where did they relocate the drivers to?

After yellow and preston shared the terminals, the Preston drivers then dovetailed into the yellow system, after that yellow closed Preston. The whole thing smelled right from the start. Most Preston drivers at closed terminals were not offered a chance to transfer. It:nutkick: would be nice to hear from a Preston driver to clarify this for us.

Eugene terminal will begin sharing their terminal with Yellow on June 1. I have heard Salem is doing the same thing. I wonder if this was the "big thing". I don't find it big (yet), but extremely annoying and frustrating.

How do like the 10% reduction in work hours for each terminal that started today? This 10% reduction in hours is suppose to continue through Monday. Hell, today we have a dock full of undelivered freight because we are strictly forbidden to exceed the P&D hours given. By Tuesday next week, the dock will be swamped with undelivered freight. How can this idea even be considered a good idea. Just another example of how lame our "leadership" is...and how they just keep pushing more of OUR customers to the competition! The way YRC is operating this company, we are all going to be looking for a job real soon. :ranting2:

What do you expect from a company that was so deep in debt to begin with. The only reason they bought USF was because it was the most profitable LTL carrier at the time thinking they could put their head above water by purchasing it. All they have done is run it to the ground.

Within a week of purchase the structure of USF was completely different than what they had based the companies success on. YRC came in thinking they could make more profit by taking certain things away customer and employee incentives....guess what all they did was lose money and customers.....idiots!!!

As for the undelivered freight....it will sit on the dock and have BS after BS excuse made.

I'm sure it won't be long as was stated before all the little guys combine terminals ie....EUG, SAL, OLY, LON

yellow drive told my wife that the big wigs are coming to vancouver
terminal to drop the axe next week here's hoping for the best expecting the worse YRC stikes agian !!!!!!

yellow drive told my wife that the big wigs are coming to Vancouver
terminal to drop the axe next week here's hoping for the best expecting the worse YRC strikes again !!!!!!

Thats not good to here. But also how are things there at the Vancouver Terminal. Are you guys losing money. Do you have a lot of layoffs right now.