Credits
15% Pay Cut
18 mo. Pension Termination
Property & Equipment Sales
Lay-Off
Management Pay & Staff cuts
Debt for Equity Swap
Lenders Help
AFTER ALL OF THE ABOVE YRC STILL POSTS A 1Q2010 LOSS OF 274 MILLION DOLLARS!

[quote author=vwaggs link=topic=79844.msg827136#msg827136 date=1273030419]
Have you ever played the shell game???
[/quote]
WHAT CALIBER?

[quote author=bart link=topic=79844.msg827134#msg827134 date=1273030365]
15% Pay Cut
18 mo. Pension Termination
Property & Equipment Sales
Lay-Off
Management Pay & Staff cuts
Debt for Equity Swap
Lenders Help
AFTER ALL OF THE ABOVE YRC STILL POSTS A 1Q2010 LOSS OF 274 MILLION DOLLARS!
[/quote]
Oh and you forgot that one word that Zollars said would save the company millions back in 2003 SYNERGY!

Dude , the company is ruined. Humpty Dumpty fell off the wall. They are trying their damdest to put him back together again. Roadway and Yellow , 2 of truckings greatest companies are gone. This new bitch , YRC , doesn't have the confidence of much of anyone. The outcome is very much in doubt at this time. But time will tell.

Just look at the top dogs on the board, not one of them ever worked in freight no wander nothing is done right.They are just bean counters.

[quote author=fr8holler link=topic=79844.msg827176#msg827176 date=1273051678]
Dude , the company is ruined. Humpty Dumpty fell off the wall. They are trying their damdest to put him back together again. Roadway and Yellow , 2 of truckings greatest companies are gone. This new :badword: , YRC , doesn't have the confidence of much of anyone. The outcome is very much in doubt at this time. But time will tell.
[/quote]

We are all looking for the Phoenix.

There is no motivation left at YRC. Almost everyone working there,including management has developed a bad attitude and a "I don`t care" way of thinking. Zollars and his cronies think they are right all the time and nothing is their fault and everythng is the fault of the rank and file. Zollars solution is to continue to find ways to make the union members pay for his mistakes with pay cuts and pension suspensions. He has misled the lenders time after time with his retorick and even his hand picked president,Tom Wicks saw the hand writing on the wall and bailed. As long as Zollars is running this company,expect more of the same.

This is sweet! They certainly did alot better this quarter losing 33 cents a share then last quarter's 95cents! Oh, wait, last quarter they only had 96 million outstanding shares and now over a BILLION! Never mind!!![quote author=vwaggs link=topic=79844.msg827239#msg827239 date=1273069061]
His contract is up in about 7 or 8 months.
[/quote] I don't think they'll be around in 7-8 monthes! Unless of course the yes girls will give back more, lots more!

Something stinks....Ahhhhhh.....Yeah!
Not real sure just what is going on here but the five new board members have a very questionable past. All seem to have personal connections to the dollar and Gordon in particular??????!!!!!....Goldman & sachs vice pres of investments.
Whats going on with that? And who exactly is the representative from the teamsters on the board?....aghhhhhhhhhhhh :hissy:

Even if legislation is passed that alleviates the pension obligations to people who never worked for Yellow or Roadway I don't believe it will allow for the transfer of pension obiligations from YRC to the US Taxpayers. And if the current payments to the pension fund for employees of YRC are not included in the current earnings statement then this is one giant shell game. The relief of paying for pensions of employees who never worked for YRC would be a nice gift but it does not absolve YRC from its obligations to all the people past and present who did work for one of the two companies. Let me know if I am wrong on this.

How do you figure that YRCW is paying for those teamsters pensions that never worked for them? The last I knew you didn't get credit for a pension year unless the company that you worked for paid in on you. YRC never paid in on someone that retired from CF or any other company that went out of business.

[quote author=rgdg5 link=topic=79844.msg827349#msg827349 date=1273095569]
How do you figure that YRCW is paying for those teamsters pensions that never worked for them? The last I knew you didn't get credit for a pension year unless the company that you worked for paid in on you. YRC never paid in on someone that retired from CF or any other company that went out of business.
[/quote]

GREAT POINT!

[quote author=TurboJ link=topic=79844.msg827257#msg827257 date=1273075112]
This is sweet! They certainly did alot better this quarter losing 33 cents a share then last quarter's 95cents! Oh, wait, last quarter they only had 96 million outstanding shares and now over a BILLION! Never mind!!![quote author=vwaggs link=topic=79844.msg827239#msg827239 date=1273069061]
[/quote] I don't think they'll be around in 7-8 monthes! Unless of course the yes girls will give back more, lots more!
[/quote]There is always a certain group of individuals that will give more back. I know George Jetson had one on wheels, always bringing him coffee. I can almost see the simularities.

[quote author=rgdg5 link=topic=79844.msg827349#msg827349 date=1273095569]
[/quote] The price for surviving members goes up as contributing members get out or otherwise leave the fund. :stir:

[quote author=Italian Style link=topic=79844.msg827370#msg827370 date=1273099522]
[quote author=TurboJ link=topic=79844.msg827257#msg827257 date=1273075112]
[/quote]There is always a certain group of individuals that will give more back. I know George Jetson had one on wheels, always bringing him coffee. I can almost see the simularities.
[/quote] Now that you mention it I do recall his roadbot always wearing a big r over it's pocket. Remember when Mr. Spacely, George's boss would come over and the roadbot would zoom over to him and start sniffing his rear like it was Astro! :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

if i understand it, the retirement fund is underfunded, so it's pretty much gotta be paid by 'last man standing'. UPS got out, and it's down to ABF or YRC