FedEx Freight | Something to keep in mind

Bill Lumbergh

TB Lurker
Credits
Please make a concerted effort to use your AIC and hopefully stellar raises to buy American made products by American companies. Please support the re-shoring of manufacturing to the US.

I imagine American made products but owned by foreign companies would be 2nd best choice

Followed by American products that are produced overseas if nothing else (Apple vs Samsung)

It takes more effort and isn’t always an option (certainly not always the cheapest), but it has to become habit for the great American consumer to make these considerations.

LTL thrives off manufacturing and the supply chains needed to support them.

Proud to be American

I get what youre saying, but Import or domestic, LtL hauls it regardless.

Buying American may actually decrease freight.

Want LtL to pick up? Start drilling
The supply chains that are needed to support the manufacturing of finished product far exceeds the supply chains needed to move products from warehouse to warehouse or port to warehouse. The other aspect is where do those top proceeds, and worker earnings get spent? The supporting of domestic production increases the likelihood that the money is spent in the US, thus driving up additional demand. Once scale is in place, then we switch to using ltl not for US port to US warehouse, but now we use it from US factory to US warehouse to US port as a greater exporter of goods. Merica!

Please make a concerted effort to use your AIC and hopefully stellar raises to buy American made products by American companies. Please support the re-shoring of manufacturing to the US.

I imagine American made products but owned by foreign companies would be 2nd best choice

Followed by American products that are produced overseas if nothing else (Apple vs Samsung)

It takes more effort and isn’t always an option (certainly not always the cheapest), but it has to become habit for the great American consumer to make these considerations.

LTL thrives off manufacturing and the supply chains needed to support them.

Proud to be American
Very nice. Wife was due for a new ride a while ago. Kind of a Chevy guy but not keen on their SUV offerings. FCA has manufacturing in Toledo & Tifton,IN. She has a Jeep Cherokee. Foreign owned, American made. Employing people in our next day service area. All I can do. Also proud for my redneck, white socks & blue ribbon beer.

I get what youre saying, but Import or domestic, LtL hauls it regardless.

Buying American may actually decrease freight.

Want LtL to pick up? Start drilling.
"Buying American may actually decrease freight?" Explain that to this ole country boy..
decrease in ocean containers? Port congestion? It would certainly decrease freight imports on the left coast, but otherwise?