Estes | sorry but i smell a rat

This company gets Dumber and Dumber everyday, why did they let the Hub drivers vote, hell it really does'nt concern them anyway, the Linehaul are the only ones gettin ::shit:: on.

I hope Rob is happy, more and more negative things said about this company everyday.

Like I said before. They just put that rebidding memo out to shut us up for a while. I spend more time yawning at these meetings than listening. These higher ups are bull ::shit:: artists. It's how most got where they are.

bidding

i dont think they even counted the votes. they were put on some ones desk and then straight in the trash can.:Flame-On:

I don't know if they really counted them or not, but honestly I believe it probably didn't pass. I've been to a lot of terminals and had kind of a round table disscussions with many drivers and honestly I heard more people say they voted no than those who claimed to vote yes.

I don't know which terminal you work at, but everybody I talked to ... EVERYBODY ... VOTED YES ... certainly does smell like a rat to meshit

rebd vote

most people i talked to voted it down, only ones wanted it was ones at top of senority. even ones in middle said no way, they didnt want ones on top rubbing it in their face each year that they could take any run they wanted.

there is also a new vote coming out to see if we still want to rebid in march.

but nothing was said about bump bid. that was to start after rebid in march. is that out or what.
\\

if we have bump bid i dont see any point in rebidding each year. everytime a run gets changed everyone will rebid from that man down. so you could have multiple rebids each year.

so does anyone know about bump bid. still in? out? or will get voted on?

The re-bid is scheduled for February..And the bump process will be in it..As per the memo from Junior..The yearly bidding was the only thing that was approved by the G.O to be voted on..

I took it everything is off and there will be a new vote after the first of the year to verify this vote. If last vote is like Jr said "overwhelming" then I don't see it happening. Personally if it's not by company senority I'll vote "no" everytime. But thats just me.

On the Estes CD we got this week, track number 5 has Junior Johnson talking about this and that. The 2nd half of his talk was about rebidding. According to him, they will send out another memo/ballot for everybody to vote on AFTER all of the realignments are done with the bypass terminals. He suggested that the bypasses should be done by the end of this year. As for the ballot, it will ask 3 questions:

1) Do you want to rebid at all?
2) Do you want to rebid every year?
3) Do you want to rebid one time only?

He also spoke on the CD about the fact that the rebid question was "overwhelmingly voted down". Personally, I'm curious about this statement, because the ballots had to be turned in by November 13th. This means they either had the results tallied, recorded, mass produced on a CD, and distributed to the terminals in an amazingly short time span, or (shudder!) there's some monkey business going on. Grrrr!!

He also spoke on the CD about the fact that the rebid question was "overwhelmingly voted down".
He was talking about the last time we voted on this topic several years ago. I think it was in 2001? And it was voted down then 63%.
I don't think the results of the last survey on the annual bid have been tallied or reported yet.
At least that's the way I understood it. I'll give it another listen though, just listened once and I was in D.C. traffic so I was'nt focused 100%

As far as the other matters, like the re-bid in Feb. and the bump bid, I think there was a big time dely on the production and distribution on that CD.
I think the re-bid and bump bid matters have been settled since it was made.

RUMOR, has it,that it was voted down..Nothing in writing has been received by no one,as far as I know..We have drivers that meet 135 and 041 and go to 089 and 075, and none of those drivers have heard anything about the talley being released yet..Also have talked to drivers,personally,from those terminals and they say the same thing..So, I would say,until we see something in writing,it's all rumor..The last one we did,took around a month before we got the results..

Like KD, I think the CD doesn't match up with the memo Junior released,saying the re-bid would be in February.That part of it, I think is in stone..I agree with this, if you have a bump process,why do you need a bid-every-year policy..The original complaint was, that seniority drivers that got their runs canceled,by no fault of their own, would have the ability to bump if their run got canceled under this process..I think this is fair..IF , seniority is to account for anything..That's the way it has always been done in this industry,for as long as I have been in this business,for the last 30 years..I've been on both sides of the fence,and if I could take the rules as they were written,then the rest should too.. Having a driver that has put 25 years in at a company and has his run canceled,shouldn't be put out-to-pasture..He worked his way up by doing his job..He shouldn't be overlooked and put on extra board.. I know there are two sides to every coin,that's why I respect both sides..

He was talking about the last time we voted on this topic several years ago. I think it was in 2001? And it was voted down then 63%.
I don't think the results of the last survey on the annual bid have been tallied or reported yet.
At least that's the way I understood it. I'll give it another listen though, just listened once and I was in D.C. traffic so I was'nt focused 100%

As far as the other matters, like the re-bid in Feb. and the bump bid, I think there was a big time dely on the production and distribution on that CD.
I think the re-bid and bump bid matters have been settled since it was made.

It's on there KD..The way I understand his explanation,the yearly bid was voted down..Also,after the bypass process is done,there will be another vote on whether we will re-bid or not..If you got your run cut,and you're on extra board,and the re-bid is voted down,you remain on extra board.Unless there is a new run comes available for you to bid on..All this is MY interpretation..

RUMOR, has it,that it was voted down..Nothing in writing has been received by no one,as far as I know..We have drivers that meet 135 and 041 and go to 089 and 075, and none of those drivers have heard anything about the talley being released yet..Also have talked to drivers,personally,from those terminals and they say the same thing..So, I would say,until we see something in writing,it's all rumor..The last one we did,took around a month before we got the results..

Like KD, I think the CD doesn't match up with the memo Junior released,saying the re-bid would be in February.That part of it, I think is in stone..I agree with this, if you have a bump process,why do you need a bid-every-year policy..The original complaint was, that seniority drivers that got their runs canceled,by no fault of their own, would have the ability to bump if their run got canceled under this process..I think this is fair..IF , seniority is to account for anything..That's the way it has always been done in this industry,for as long as I have been in this business,for the last 30 years..I've been on both sides of the fence,and if I could take the rules as they were written,then the rest should too.. Having a driver that has put 25 years in at a company and has his run canceled,shouldn't be put out-to-pasture..He worked his way up by doing his job..He shouldn't be overlooked and put on extra board.. I know there are two sides to every coin,that's why I respect both sides..

I stand corrected..

is it just me or does anyone else find it funny that the senior drivers think we should bid by length of svc in a job class but when it comes to layoffs we should use company seniority. I am sorry people but pick your poison you can not have it both ways either we use company time exclusively or length of svc & let it go

t's on there KD..The way I understand his explanation,the yearly bid was voted down..Also,after the bypass process is done,there will be another vote on whether we will re-bid or not..If you got your run cut,and you're on extra board,and the re-bid is voted down,you remain on extra board.Unless there is a new run comes available for you to bid on..All this is MY interpretation..
Ya I've listened to it again since I got home and I'm not real clear on it.
I'm going to ask about it Monday.

is it just me or does anyone else find it funny that the senior drivers think we should bid by length of svc in a job class but when it comes to layoffs we should use company seniority. I am sorry people but pick your poison you can not have it both ways either we use company time exclusively or length of svc & let it go

What's so funny? We don't want it both ways..Have you been reading the posts? Evidently not..That's the way it's been done in this industry for years and seems like it will continue to be the fair way to do it,by other companies..IMO, everything should be done by company seniority..Vacations,layoffs, everything..I would go for total company seniority in 2 classes,city and road..Like the rest..Conway, if my memory serves me correct, is the only company that bids city and road together..If you are a road driver,a city driver with more company seniority wants your run,you lose it..For example..You go from pulling down 75,000 a year to making 50,000 a year..A 25,000 dollar a year cut in your pay..That, is what total company seniority bidding would bring..So, if you have 19 years and 2 months in linehaul or hub,a guy with 19 years and 3 months in the city,can bid you off your run..Now that's not funny... Total company seniority in 2 classes would secure that..City and Road..Like the rest of the industry..That would be fair,not funny..

Ya I've listened to it again since I got home and I'm not real clear on it.
I'm going to ask about it Monday.

Get back with us if you get a clear explaination of it..IMO.. We lost again..The question I would like to be answered is, why does the West bid every year and we are denied the same right..Not that it really affects some,but for some, it does..But no one in management will give us a straight answer..

IMO, everything should be done by company seniority..Vacations,layoffs, everything..I would go for total company seniority in 2 classes,city and road..Like the rest....

Good Idea, IMO that would eliminate a lot of the animosity and bickering between drivers and would make for a very easy, understandable set of rules that could be followed. But that makes way to much sense and would get rid of the drama. I'm sure Mike E. at corp. would be lost without his phone ringing all the time from pissed off and confused drivers.

Although I myself am not an Estes employee, I'll toss in my two cent's. At the company I drive for, we have 2 boards, city(P&D) and Linehaul. City bids every year in Jan. Some yards have city bids for start times, some bid for area that the driver services, this is determined by the service center manager how he wants his operation done.

Linehaul bids twice a year, Jan. and July.Senior driver has first choice on any run he or she wants, weather or not the current run he/she is doing changes or not, then driver # 2 choses on what's left, and so on down the line till all bids are chosen. At some times we have bid more often as freight may change drastically in some lanes. If ever a run is eliminated or changes from a nightly turn to a lay-down or versa-visa, it will be replaced right away and the board rebids. A driver can jump boards only under certain conditions,#1 there is an opening on the board that you want to jump too,#2 your changing boards will not adversly affect customer service. #3 the board that you jump to, you will be at the bottom of the bidding process for a minimum of 6 months before Jan 1, before you regain your bidding seniority. Although not perfect, it eliminates all the drama, and hard feelings because everyone is well versed on the rules before he/she grabs that steering wheel that first night,or day. Just thought I'd toss that out there for some comparison.