Estes | South Boston Va Terminal

GetitDone

TB Lurker
Credits
Hello.

I'm currently not doing LTL work and would need to get some endorsements to move over.

This terminal Is 35 miles from my home and has positions open for pick and delivery. Regional OTR and flex team.

I dont need to be home everyday and motivated by earnings potential so team or extra board really interests me.

I know this terminal is close to two major breakers Richmond and Greensboro.

What do yall think about being stationed out of here?

Hello.

I'm currently not doing LTL work and would need to get some endorsements to move over.

This terminal Is 35 miles from my home and has positions open for pick and delivery. Regional OTR and flex team.

I dont need to be home everyday and motivated by earnings potential so team or extra board really interests me.

You probably need to get your needed endorsements , Hazmat, Doubles,Tanker, to get the ball rolling. You can see if there's a combo position open. That allows you to work different job categories P&D , Hub, Linehaul ,to see what the best fit for you. Your Combo time can transfer into the category that you ultimately decide to go to.
Biggest disadvantage is a small terminal, it's hard to get a schedule run because not much changes or new opportunities. I'm at a small terminal over five years trying to get into a certain category and I have not had a opportunity yet. If you like being home every day, P&D is usely fairly easy to get.

Hello.

If you’re after money, extraboard is the category for you. Get your doubles, hazmat, and tanker and get started. Pack a bag for the week and get a bigger wallet.

Hello.

Hello.

I worked out of this terminal last year for about 7 months as a combo driver and had to transfer out due to lack of work. The team job you’ll need to bring a qualified partner with you as there is no one at that terminal who would be willing to do that. Extraboard is pretty decent if freight is good but don’t count on Richmond or Greensboro to do you any favors, especially Richmond, they’re pretty dead especially when freight is slack. It’s a good group of guys to work with and they recently got a new TM that won’t look you directly in the eye and lie to you like the previous one did. Good group of guys to work with and when freight is good everything is good but when it’s lousy the combo guys suffer more than anyone else. Btw they only have 1 linehaul run and 6 hub runs so that sucks too unless you really like working the dock. You’ll be filling in for all the Hub runs (drive to a local terminal and work the dock and come back) and all those guys take vacation in winter months and around holidays so keep that in mind. If the freight is good it’s good but I was getting about 33-35 hours a week when things crapped the bed.