SEFL | southeastern's payscale

loucards1

TB Lurker
Credits
thinking bout relocating to florida and just wondering what you guy's p&d drivers start out and top out at. also how long does it take to top out? thanks guys! :smilie_132:

top pay is 21.05, takes about a year and half to get there. i think startin pay is 17.55 i believe. ive work for 2 other ltl carriers and southeastern is by far the best with the christain leadership and they do seem to care for there employess.

top pay is 21.05, takes about a year and half to get there. i think startin pay is 17.55 i believe. ive work for 2 other ltl carriers and southeastern is by far the best with the christain leadership and they do seem to care for there employess.

Do they have any Terminals any further north then Virgina? I noticed on their site that their territory seems to end there on their map..... Anyhow, thats not bad at all from what I heard some others pay out and at least they are giving their people decent money.

Do they have any Terminals any further north then Virgina? I noticed on their site that their territory seems to end there on their map..... Anyhow, thats not bad at all from what I heard some others pay out and at least they are giving their people decent money.

no southeastern doesnt have any terminals further north than va. also once hired on you only wait for 30 days then you can receive full benefits, 50 cent raises every 90 days until top pay is reached. i have yet to hear from management at my term what type of raise we will be getting this year, but if i had to guess probably will be around .50 cent for p&d drivers.

no southeastern doesnt have any terminals further north than va. also once hired on you only wait for 30 days then you can receive full benefits, 50 cent raises every 90 days until top pay is reached. i have yet to hear from management at my term what type of raise we will be getting this year, but if i had to guess probably will be around .50 cent for p&d drivers.

What about their freight that goes up north east region? Sounds like they take decent care of there people and thats worth something.

What about their freight that goes up north east region? Sounds like they take decent care of there people and thats worth something.

all the freight that is sent up to the northeast is sent via another carrier. 95% of the time Duie Pyle is getting the northeast freight for SEFL.

Oh, Brother !!

No overtime! Does not seem like they treat their employees that great.
Here we go again, unless you work for SEFL, you don't have a clue about their workplace environment. I never hear any complaints from my friends that drive for this company.

No overtime! Does not seem like they treat their employees that great.

maybe you are just jealous that SEFL and all the other non-union companys are hauling the freight that you use to haul before you got laid off:smilie_132:, any ways with an attuitude like that SEFL is not for you

I am not going to fight with you. I have worked for both union and non union companys and by the way this is not a " union vs. non union" issue. As you probably know there many non union companys that pay overtime. self is taking advantage of law that is call the fail labor standards act of 1933. I am telling you that it is not christian act to keep you working many hours away from your family with out paying you extra for you sacrifice and your family's sacrifice from you not being there when you are making the company exucutives more money.

Say what you will, you have an agenda for coming on here and trying to tell these guys how bad they have it, I'm thinking it won't work.

I have no agenda. I just like to look whats going on around the industry. I whole heartly think it is wrong to not pay overtime. They do not value their employees enough to treat them the same way that most companys do. Union or non union. I am not trying to tell you to join the union. Talk to your congressmen and have your state law passed so that they have to pay you overtime.

peon

TEAMSTER3 It not a law to pat ot in the trucking and rail. The law passed in 1923 that truck and rail dosn't have to pau ot. It is still in effect today. I use to work foe Overnite in the 90's and we fought the battle with them.

On the plus side, when work is available, the is no incentive for the company to limit hours. I know people who work there and they most certainly do treat their drivers very well. It is company policy that drivers move freight and every one else is their to facilitate them in doing that. It's something they call respect and it's hard to find in this business.

Sometimes making a couple dollars less and feeling genuinely appreciated is a fair trade off.

Say what you will, you have an agenda for coming on here and trying to tell these guys how bad they have it, I'm thinking it won't work.

the worse thing that is worse than fear is fear itself......sefl and averitt guys are fearful of losing their jobs if they even mention overtime to management....it is pretty sad when a man cant express what he or she wants for all of the extra time spent at the company.....you guys make the money for the companies and should be rewarded for it.....:1036316054:.......get the majority and go in and hash it out with them.......they cant fire all of you or can they?.....nuff said

20 years ago I was told we were paid straight time, I knew it then and know it now. Never heard the word lay off, and have always received the hours I need and more.

I have no agenda. I just like to look whats going on around the industry. I whole heartly think it is wrong to not pay overtime. They do not value their employees enough to treat them the same way that most companys do. Union or non union. I am not trying to tell you to join the union. Talk to your congressmen and have your state law passed so that they have to pay you overtime.
Teamster3 you would do better talking to your bed room wall Ran... i mean company man will never say your right.