SEFL | southeastern's payscale

SouthEastern has a excellent benifits package.We do pay a portion for the coverage. We have Health, Dental, and Eye. We also have short and long term disability.We can also purchase suppemental Aflac,Cancer,Life and other insurance at very respectable prices. Does SEFL pay for all of it, no but this is a GREAT place to work. I am now an Eleven year veteran and will retire from here.

Tator your right. I worked for USF Dugan,Bestway,Holland and the only thing we got was screwed. Dugan was like SEFL but the other two was union and the boss treated us bad. SEFL lets you know we are a family! I forgot what it was like the be thinked for your job. I know in LRK they treat us very well,where else cooks drivers steak dinners every six months for doing their job. Its nice to work for a chrisitian owned company.

tater so help us under stand what makes this a good job,no overtime , you pay for part of your bennies, no job security,no pension,show me were too sign

All I know is SEFL has no as in zero drivers laid off. My wife had 2 major surgeries in last year. Terminal manager not only did not have a problem with me being off but called and checked on her daily and also offered to bring me food when I was camped out at hospital. SEFL is the place for me.

SouthEastern has a excellent benifits package.We do pay a portion for the coverage. We have Health, Dental, and Eye. We also have short and long term disability.We can also purchase suppemental Aflac,Cancer,Life and other insurance at very respectable prices. Does SEFL pay for all of it, no but this is a GREAT place to work. I am now an Eleven year veteran and will retire from here.

Tater,

You forgot the part that while there may be no layoffs, they reduce your hours by putting you on a rotation for days off without pay. This may or may not be happening in your service center but I know it's happening in Tampa. Guys are working 4 days a week and loosing $600 - $800 hundred a month. I recently had a 20 year sefl driver tell me that it was a good idea that I left and that he would have done the same if he didn't have so much time put in.

We do rotate drivers off if freight is slow but I would rather lose a days pay a month during that time rather than losing all income due to layoff. If the guys in Tampa are losing that much I feel for them but if we had layoffs they would lose Thousands of Dollars a month. I like the math how about you?

SEFL is not the only freight company doing rotation i have friends at most of the other non union companys, and they are working 4 days a week also, so whats the big deal, if you quit were you gonna go? Sure wldnt go to a union company b/c of getting laid off. I like SEFL and if you dont like SEFL thats your problem. Oh yeah by the way to all the SEFL haters we get at raise this week what did you get?

We do rotate drivers off if freight is slow but I would rather lose a days pay a month during that time rather than losing all income due to layoff. If the guys in Tampa are losing that much I feel for them but if we had layoffs they would lose Thousands of Dollars a month. I like the math how about you?

On the contrary, I don't like the math. It's a great deal if you are low in seniority, but if your a 20 year man and have to take days off that would bother me as it did the 20 year man I spoke to. While I do feel for those that would be laid off, It's called paying your dues. I've been there, so I know what its like.

SEFL is not the only freight company doing rotation i have friends at most of the other non union companys, and they are working 4 days a week also, so whats the big deal, if you quit were you gonna go? Sure wldnt go to a union company b/c of getting laid off. I like SEFL and if you dont like SEFL thats your problem. Oh yeah by the way to all the SEFL haters we get at raise this week what did you get?

So you get a $.50 raise and they raise your insurance to $42.00 for a family or your co-pay, its a wash, actual Cassell makes out better. The lord probably told him to do it that way.

So you get a $.50 raise and they raise your insurance to $42.00 for a family or your co-pay, its a wash, actual Cassell makes out better. The lord probably told him to do it that way.

"the lord told him to do it that way" u better think about what you are saying, sounds like you need to go to church and learn a few things about life.

On the contrary, I don't like the math. It's a great deal if you are low in seniority, but if your a 20 year man and have to take days off that would bother me as it did the 20 year man I spoke to. While I do feel for those that would be laid off, It's called paying your dues. I've been there, so I know what its like.
Yeah thats the attitude stay at home and lose your job because you dont have enough time in, meanwhile a greedy bastard with 20 years in milks all he can get. I love the old attitude well i did it so that means it is o.k. for everyone, hop over to the union boards and see how most of those guys feel about the money grabbers. And your comment about the lord told Cassells to do it is just plain assinine.

If your insurance goes up a couple of dollars a week and you get at least $20 how is he making out better than us?