XPO | Speed increased to 70mph

totally backwards,makes ZERO SENSE,if i'm passing someone I want control of throttle,not on CC,say you're using "cc"come up on traffic,be nice to foot the peddle to pass,65 is fine if they up the torque,why do they NEVER ask the drivers??????

What would a truck driver know about trucking ? These CEOs have been to college and have the proper schooling to tell us how it is and how it needs to be. ( sarcasm, but probably exactly what they think )

What would a truck driver know about trucking ? These CEOs have been to college and have the proper schooling to tell us how it is and how it needs to be. ( sarcasm, but probably exactly what they think )
And of course , big wigs make more money...Soooooo what they say is right , right? ( and it's hard to think your wrong when everyone is busy - kissing your as$ )

And of course , big wigs make more money...Soooooo what they say is right , right? ( and it's hard to think your wrong when everyone is busy - kissing your as$ )

Oh yeah, there is a line of suck ass, useless filth circling around just begging for an opportunity to run up and tell them how smart they are and how important it is that they have done what ever it was.

I got the same feeling others have about the increased coaching leading to more discipline or terminations. At least you are in complete control of your speed and making that choice yourself.
We will have to see. Driver shortage keeps getting worse. The best advice is to do what most of us already do. Keep a safe distance and stay out of wolfpacks when possible.

It's to close times getting into and out of the FAC. Literally speed up the freight.[/QUOTE. Now the deadbeats can get to their nap location sooner! How hard is it to get a million miles when it takes you 6 hours to make a 4.5 hr run? Company doesn't calculate how many hours you logged sleeping at the 85!

They said a while back that they were putting a stop to that. Then drivers complained about safety and being forced to drive when to tired to continue and it faded away.

I have run line haul several years. Sometimes. You just don't get the sleep. But when it's every night at the same spot. That's a premeditated and predetermined situation.

They said a while back that they were putting a stop to that. Then drivers complained about safety and being forced to drive when to tired to continue and it faded away.

I have run line haul several years. Sometimes. You just don't get the sleep. But when it's every night at the same spot. That's a premeditated and predetermined situation.
As much as I would like the freight back , management can't crack down too hard on guys stopping to sleep.

As soon as the first driver wrecks and kills someone , XPO will get the star-spangled sh!t sued out of them...and XPO will lose that lawsuit as soon as someone shows they told a driver to keep driving and don't take a nap.

As much as I would like the freight back , management can't crack down too hard on guys stopping to sleep.

As soon as the first driver wrecks and kills someone , XPO will get the star-spangled sh!t sued out of them...and XPO will lose that lawsuit as soon as someone shows they told a driver to keep driving and don't take a nap.

I agree. Can't force anyone to roll. And these guys do take advantage. Like ROUGHBOY said. That's the problem. More so than the speed of the trucks.

Xlf posted a email that stated if you are a driver or dockworkers and you feel like you need a nap let your supervisor know and they will let you go take nap minimum of 10 minutes.

I don’t have a problem with someone stopping for a 15 min nap, hell I usually do on the return trip. I still make my eta. With the increase in speed all I can see is the drivers who take the entire run time have more break time because they don’t care to work dock and anyone else waiting one freight.

I don’t have a problem with someone stopping for a 15 min nap, hell I usually do on the return trip. I still make my eta. With the increase in speed all I can see is the drivers who take the entire run time have more break time because they don’t care to work dock and anyone else waiting one freight.

I don't think we are talking about the majority of guys. Everyone stops. Not everyone takes advantage.