XPO | Speed increased to 70mph

I knew you were. After I reread it I could see how you could misconstrue it. My bad.....carry on.

We all know who last in this industry and its not the hare. Sure and steady.

I’m not sure what guy peeing in the bottle thinks he’s accomplishing but I hope I don’t have to drive that tractor after he’s done with it.

Last edited:
When you are paid by mileage, how does going faster equate to more money. Isn't the pay the same, no matter how long it takes to get there?
The faster you get done the more you make for the time invested at work. It used to take me 9.5 hours to drive my run and now I can do it on a good night in 8.75 hours. I make the same but it takes less time to make it. I don't how else to explain it to you. That is a pay raise.

Majority of are drivers really don’t care about the 70 mph turn up to be honest .
Where did you get your numbers to prove a "majority" of drivers don't care about 70 mph? Almost all of the drivers I talk to about the speed increase like it. Some city drivers have told me it really does not affect them so they don't care. I question your use of the word majority. In my experience it is a bare minority of drivers that don't really care.

Where did you get your numbers to prove a "majority" of drivers don't care about 70 mph? Almost all of the drivers I talk to about the speed increase like it. Some city drivers have told me it really does not affect them so they don't care. I question your use of the word majority. In my experience it is a bare minority of drivers that don't really care.

That's because we are drivers. And we care about ::shit:: that don't matter to us or even effect us. We will gladly run our mouths about any damn thing.

Are you talking to the drivers at my barn specifically? That’s who I am referring to in my post. The word is our guys don’t want the added speeding disapline that goes with it. The way they see it you can only go 70 in cruise control and most of are trucks will do a bit over 65 anyway. It’s not that big of a deal that their upset about it.
The new speeding policy is based on gps and posted speed Alone from what here ,who wants that aggravation. Constantly be monitored. Now if they want to turn our trucks at our barn to 70 without that attached I’m sure our guys would like.
My understanding is the reason we don’t have it at the union barns is because the only way the company is willing to implement it is with the new speeding disapline policy which we would not be subject to. Another words we would have the ability to go 70 with no speeding violations from the company. The same as the other changes they made to non union barns since we have been held to disapline policy the existed in 2016 we are not subject to them.

Last edited:
That's because we are drivers. And we care about :::shit::: that don't matter to us or even effect us. We will gladly run our mouths about any damn thing.
That is on you driver. I do not run my mouth about any damn thing. I take my job serious. This is how I provide for my family. Driver may I suggest that you reevaluate what you are doing here at XPO. You can make a damn fine living here if you want to. Or you can find fault and complain and have a miserable job experience. I enjoy my job here, make more than most of my neighbors and have planned well for retirement. I would hope you do the same. To go to work and hate your job has to suck. Good luck driver.

That is on you driver. I do not run my mouth about any damn thing. I take my job serious. This is how I provide for my family. Driver may I suggest that you reevaluate what you are doing here at XPO. You can make a damn fine living here if you want to. Or you can find fault and complain and have a miserable job experience. I enjoy my job here, make more than most of my neighbors and have planned well for retirement. I would hope you do the same. To go to work and hate your job has to suck. Good luck driver.
Very well said

I wish I worked in a terminal where every day was like a day in the Willie Wonka factory. That ::shit:: ain't my reality.

I wish I worked in a terminal where every day was like a day in the Willie Wonka factory. That :::shit::: ain't my reality.
I have seen your reality by the words you write and want none of it. I do not allow my mind to stay in a constant state of morbid pessimism. You are a grown man and can live in whatever reality you wish. I choose to enjoy my job. This is my reality.

I have seen your reality by the words you write and want none of it. I do not allow my mind to stay in a constant state of morbid pessimism. You are a grown man and can live in whatever reality you wish. I choose to enjoy my job. This is my reality.

That's your perception. So, that is your reality. It isn't shared by everyone. Many have quit. And many are trying to unionize. Some of us are just trying to bring attention to what is wrong around here. And there isn't a shortage of things to point to.

But I am thrilled to hear you are happy. And that whatever trailer park, over looking whichever swamp, in hurricane ally Florida has you all smiles.

It's not that I am oppressed by some horrible depression. But a lot of the trailer parks around here are gated communities, over looking a scenic valley and/or river, and have AWD SUV BMWs in the driveways because it snows around here, in one of the top ten largest metropolitan areas of the USA. ( Not that the company considers us large enough to get metro pay ( or that I would think to consider that higher wages in such a tight labor market would be a good idea. ))

It simply seems that we have different perspectives.