XPO | Speed increased to 70mph

Seems like that would be pretty easy to prove. Guess the safety managers are going to put some more miles on their cars.
There is a regional carrier ( Pitt Ohio ) where a driver told me they have a setup that has an outward facing camera that "reads" the speed limit sign and shakes the steering wheel if the posted speed limit is exceeded. Driver went on to say system will be upgraded to slow truck down to posted speed limit in the future.

Don't know if this is accurate or not , just what driver said.

More likely the speed is read by gps not the signs. Most gps maping includes posted limits
And compares unit speed to that. Drive cam has this type of system.

That is on you driver. I do not run my mouth about any damn thing. I take my job serious. This is how I provide for my family. Driver may I suggest that you reevaluate what you are doing here at XPO. You can make a damn fine living here if you want to. Or you can find fault and complain and have a miserable job experience. I enjoy my job here, make more than most of my neighbors and have planned well for retirement. I would hope you do the same. To go to work and hate your job has to suck. Good luck driver.
here here

Well most of the linehaul tractors have been turned up and we have seen many a XPO driver doing 70 mph in the rain and such. I’ve seen some still screaming down the road at 70 in snow storms. I wonder if the company will rethink this decision after the first accident where it is proved the the vehicle was going at 70 mph.

Well most of the linehaul tractors have been turned up and we have seen many a XPO driver doing 70 mph in the rain and such. I’ve seen some still screaming down the road at 70 in snow storms. I wonder if the company will rethink this decision after the first accident where it is proved the the vehicle was going at 70 mph.
That’s on the driver to drive for the conditions, whether the truck is set to 62, 65 or 70.

Prob not, but maybe when fuel prices go up they will reconsider due to MPG $$$.

That’s on the driver to drive for the conditions, whether the truck is set to 62, 65 or 70.
I know it’s on the driver but I’ve seen that certain drivers don’t care and do 70mph in whatever the conditions are or what the posted speed limit is. I hate to say it but I’m just waiting for someone to have a horrific accident

I know it’s on the driver but I’ve seen that certain drivers don’t care and do 70mph in whatever the conditions are or what the posted speed limit is. I hate to say it but I’m just waiting for someone to have a horrific accident
Hopefully not, but 1 idiot may ruin it for hundreds of other drivers.

If you see stupid, report it!

Majority of are drivers really don’t care about the 70 mph turn up to be honest .
I have not talked to one driver at my barn that does not like having 70 available to them. Not just most but ALL here in Florida really like the increase in speed. Going slow must be a fetish for drivers in your area. To each their own.

The problem I have is drivers going 70 in conditions that don’t call for it. Be it wet or snowy or road work. I think of it as a tool to get around slow trucks or make up time for late dispatch.

The problem is the brain trust put it on the cruise control, they must be chaffuered around all day and don't know cruise is a no no in inclement weather. To easy to hydroplane, wipers on, should be no cruise control. Should have been on the pedal. You want the speed, stand on it.

The problem is the brain trust put it on the cruise control, they must be chaffuered around all day and don't know cruise is a no no in inclement weather. To easy to hydroplane, wipers on, should be no cruise control. Should have been on the pedal. You want the speed, stand on it.
Yep. I’ve said you are not in control if using cruise control.