XPO | Speed increased to 70mph

Well yeah, it has always done that. But if it was going to trigger a video it would have to constantly check your speed against the Lytx database, in real time, all the time, in every truck. There's no way XPO is going to pay for that much mobile data, if such a thing is even feasible, which I seriously doubt.
All these EOBRs capture speed, time , and location. All based off of GPS.
https://www.lytx.com/en-us/fleet-services/program-enhancements/speed-management-for-fleets

All these EOBRs capture speed, time , and location. All based off of GPS.

Right, I get that, but the question was if your speed could actually set off a recording. I'm saying that you'd still have to hit a bridge joint, railroad tracks, jam the brakes, etc. for anyone to see that you were driving too fast.

Well yeah, it has always done that. But if it was going to trigger a video it would have to constantly check your speed against the Lytx database, in real time, all the time, in every truck. There's no way XPO is going to pay for that much mobile data, if such a thing is even feasible, which I seriously doubt.
Well....here is their own website advertising that very thing. I'll go with what I was told until I see otherwise.
29arziH.jpg

Right, I get that, but the question was if your speed could actually set off a recording. I'm saying that you'd still have to hit a bridge joint, railroad tracks, jam the brakes, etc. for anyone to see that you were driving too fast.

Based off of GPS locations. The system will check your speed vs the posted
speed in the system. My company has it set up at 10mph over up to 35 and 15over above that. It will trigger an event.

Based off of GPS locations. The system will check your speed vs the posted
speed in the system. My company has it set up at 10mph over up to 35 and 15over above that. It will trigger an event.
That's the way it was explained to me with different parameters.

Does it matter? Anybody with knowledge of the Cross Bronx would know that 70 mph is way in excess of a safe speed for that roadway regardless of the truck's capability.
Speed limit is 50mph. Rosedale Ave is at the north end of the cross Bronx, not as tight but very bumpy. I will do 65 through there if conditions are right, but to set the cruise. No way. Common sense needs to be used here and I think it is lacking in the world in general these days.

I may be wrong but it doesn't trigger an event that set off a red light in the case of speeding like it does with a bumb or accident. I will look into it.

When I first went on linehaul in '07, I used to run all night nonstop. Then an old timer with lots of years experience told me that one day it will catch up to me, ya know what, he was right. Now, I use my 15 minute break for a power nap on my return because, it's right when the body naturally wants to go to sleep. So instead of trying to be a freight hero and drive with a bad case of the "bob and weave" I do the smart thing and just pull over and rest a few minutes. It's a lot better than parking it in the woods wondering what the hell just happened.

I don't think any one is critical of people stopping. It's the ones who take advantage and abuse the situation that is disagreeable.

There's no way it does that with the system they use. I think that was a misunderstanding based on the the use of the word "trigger" in that email that's been going around.

People are over estimating the abilities of the systems in place. Ask some one in the shop how the truck is going to know to de-rate with the wipers on. Some of this stuff is wishful thinking. Some of it may be available on specific units.

Jacobs said we would have self driving trucks by now. That didn't work out either. I'd be happy if what they do doesn't ruin anything already existing. But they keep bragging about IT spending and they can't even keep the damn system up. So it's whatever. Odds are. CEOs are just talking fairy tales and the reality is not a fairy tale. Expect the worst, hope for the best.

So, I know this is making the rounds and most have heard it already. But for those that are at a small barn and outside the loop.

If you turn on the wipers. It kills the cruise.

If you hit the washer instead and the truck does the spray and swipe routine, it does not kill the cruise.

The company doesn’t pay for that data from lytx. Too cheap. Hell, they have pretty much stopped video reviews in our area except for the most egregious violations.

I may be wrong but it doesn't trigger an event that set off a red light in the case of speeding like it does with a bumb or accident. I will look into it.
At Saia, for about the first 8 months, speed was monitored via Lytx. 10 over if during an event. 15 over triggered the red green red green. This has since gone by the wayside.

At Saia, for about the first 8 months, speed was monitored via Lytx. 10 over if during an event. 15 over triggered the red green red green. This has since gone by the wayside.
With XPO tractors , the hill would have to be near outer space for enough speed to go 15mph over. Or the trailer pushing you down the hill would have to be overweight by 10 tons.

15 mph over. Damn. I can't imagine any XPO tractor getting close.

I'm sure someone will post that they have since I've said this...

With XPO tractors , the hill would have to be near outer space for enough speed to go 15mph over. Or the trailer pushing you down the hill would have to be overweight by 10 tons.

15 mph over. Damn. I can't imagine any XPO tractor getting close.

I'm sure someone will post that they have since I've said this...

I guess you have never driven across Pennsylvania.

my tractor just went for pm,i was excited,thought i'd be turned -up,as I was driving to fac,i'm thinkin wait a couple days fed-ex,ups,you won't be passin me everynight,i was told by the shop the "program is scrapped for now,they couldn't figure out the program correctly to install it",anybody else hear it,typical,they announce something without knowing.basically everything that is done is wrong off the bat,then they have to modify and fix it til it works