XPO | Speed increased to 70mph

With XPO tractors , the hill would have to be near outer space for enough speed to go 15mph over. Or the trailer pushing you down the hill would have to be overweight by 10 tons.

15 mph over. Damn. I can't imagine any XPO tractor getting close.

I'm sure someone will post that they have since I've said this...
I don't go over 75,try not to go over 73ish on hills,but my co-workers fly by me on several hills,they gotta be goin at least 80,when I ask how fast they were goin,they just laugh

my tractor just went for pm,i was excited,thought i'd be turned -up,as I was driving to fac,i'm thinkin wait a couple days fed-ex,ups,you won't be passin me everynight,i was told by the shop the "program is scrapped for now,they couldn't figure out the program correctly to install it",anybody else hear it,typical,they announce something without knowing.basically everything that is done is wrong off the bat,then they have to modify and fix it til it works
That is the story of ...um...EVERYTHING XPO ever rolled out! Or tried to.

I don't go over 75,try not to go over 73ish on hills,but my co-workers fly by me on several hills,they gotta be goin at least 80,when I ask how fast they were goin,they just laugh
The hills and the weight and the equipment keep it from happening in my neck of the woods.

my tractor just went for pm,i was excited,thought i'd be turned -up,as I was driving to fac,i'm thinkin wait a couple days fed-ex,ups,you won't be passin me everynight,i was told by the shop the "program is scrapped for now,they couldn't figure out the program correctly to install it",anybody else hear it,typical,they announce something without knowing.basically everything that is done is wrong off the bat,then they have to modify and fix it til it works
I heard the same from my shop a couple weeks ago. No details on when or if the change will happen.

I heard the same from my shop a couple weeks ago. No details on when or if the change will happen.
Got mine turned up at NOF last week and it is working like a charm. 70 with cruise and while putting a little pressure on the peddle it will hold that speed. Wipers on will cut out cruise. However just a spray and wipe will not. Does burn plenty of fuel at higher speed. Close to eight gallons more per round trip.

Got mine turned up at NOF last week and it is working like a charm. 70 with cruise and while putting a little pressure on the peddle it will hold that speed. Wipers on will cut out cruise. However just a spray and wipe will not. Does burn plenty of fuel at higher speed. Close to eight gallons more per round trip.
Could it be that you ran heavy? Were you dragging two 23's both ways maybe?

Could it be that you ran heavy? Were you dragging two 23's both ways maybe?

Even if they were empties with the wind at his back both ways. Higher speed will burn more fuel. That is exactly what opening the throttle does, allows for more fuel.

How many miles round trip for those eight gallons ? And how much quicker did you get there and back ?

With XPO tractors , the hill would have to be near outer space for enough speed to go 15mph over. Or the trailer pushing you down the hill would have to be overweight by 10 tons.

15 mph over. Damn. I can't imagine any XPO tractor getting close.

I'm sure someone will post that they have since I've said this...
I70 from 465 to 65. Posted 50. Four lanes. Exit left.

My assigned tractor was having this “sped campaign” done this morning. The mechanic warned me to be careful when using the jake brake with the cruise, if the cruise cuts out, the brake will scream and the tranny will downshift (automatics). He also told me that the speed with the wipers on will still be 65mph, not 62 as reported earlier. Anyone test that yet? No city tractors will have this mod done, also no Canadian tractors. Just info I’m passing along.

My assigned tractor was having this “sped campaign” done this morning. The mechanic warned me to be careful when using the jake brake with the cruise, if the cruise cuts out, the brake will scream and the tranny will downshift (automatics). He also told me that the speed with the wipers on will still be 65mph, not 62 as reported earlier. Anyone test that yet? No city tractors will have this mod done, also no Canadian tractors. Just info I’m passing along.

Is that true, upnorth ? You don’t get to enjoy the 70 mph ? What ever that is in KPH ?