Are you in favor of these?

• Yes

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • No

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • Hell no

Votes: 35 61.4%

• Total voters
The ATA and other so called advocacy groups i.e. BIG TRUCKING are actively colluding with the DOT and FMCSA with all of these so called safety mandates to extract maximum productivity off the backs of drivers. The ELD mandate put everyone on a so called level playing field. The big boys can only drive 11 hours and now the smaller guys and O/O with their normally faster trucks can no longer offer better transit times etc. If everyone has to drive 65 the smaller outfits days will be numbered because the big boys will simply price the smaller guys out of business. I recall a tag line from a movie that said " No matter who wins we lose ! " that describes the driver class perfectly.

Damn.....what I would have done is after I explained it to them is said ok, because there is no sense in being in subordinate...then I would do a very thorough pretrip... when I left I would have driven about three miles an hour under for safety.....stopped in an hour and a half or two hours to take a crap......stopped in another two to wizz and eat my sandwich....then called them when I ran out of time telling them to come get me.....
You sound like a Ryder driver, we had a guy go to bed about 2 blocks from home.
They sent a city guy to get his truck,when he was rested, he got a cab to the terminal.

You sound like a Ryder driver, we had a guy go to bed about 2 blocks from home.
They sent a city guy to get his truck,when he was rested, he got a cab to the terminal.
We've got a guy like that. Another driver told me the other day, "He's the only driver I've seen who can get dispatched on a 10-hour round-trip and not make it all the way there half the time."

I like money too much to be that guy. Usually when someone asks if I want to make more money, my immediate answer is yes.

We've got a guy like that. Another driver told me the other day, "He's the only driver I've seen who can get dispatched on a 10-hour round-trip and not make it all the way there half the time."

I like money too much to be that guy. Usually when someone asks if I want to make more money, my immediate answer is yes.
I'm not talking about a ten hour trip.....I'm talking about doing something that is unreasonable..... can't stop for 5 hours to take a pi$$? .....have to watch what i drink?..Can't take normal breaks to eat a sandwich???...In my book very unreasonable...

Damn.....what I would have done is after I explained it to them is said ok, because there is no sense in being in subordinate...then I would do a very thorough pretrip... when I left I would have driven about three miles an hour under for safety.....stopped in an hour and a half or two hours to take a crap......stopped in another two to wizz and eat my sandwich....then called them when I ran out of time telling them to come get me.....

I've never done all of that, but I took a full 30 minutes to drop a full 30 minutes to hook and a full 30 minute break. I probably could've made the via, but the traffic during rush hour would add 3 hours to my day. The miles were equal to me going straight home so all the extra hassle for another 25 dollars for a drop and hook wasn't worth it.

Umm yeah….that’s why that don’t give you old, incontinent, hungry, prostate-squeezed bladder guys vias.….:poke::hide:

BD, there was an older driver running tucson out of yard near you, that a couple of years ago was suspended for soaking the drivers seat, and not reporting it. Left the windows down when he parked the tractor at the end of his run, thinking the seat would dry out...

BD, there was an older driver running tucson out of yard near you, that a couple of years ago was suspended for soaking the drivers seat, and not reporting it. Left the windows down when he parked the tractor at the end of his run, thinking the seat would dry out...

That was a friend of mine, he said the company hot dogs were extra dry that day. So he grabbed a 44 Oz cup of purple kool-aid and hammered down. He was going to go to the bathroom first, but he would miss his gate time and ultimately fail to deliver the purple promise.

Nowadays he doubles up on Depends. Can't be too safe.

I'm not talking about a ten hour trip.....I'm talking about doing something that is unreasonable..... can't stop for 5 hours to take a pi$$? .....have to watch what i drink?..Can't take normal breaks to eat a sandwich???...In my book very unreasonable...
I totally and completely agree with you. Too many foolish drivers don't use their brains. The driving rules are there to protect us. Do your job correctly - take breaks, pre-trips, etc., and when you run out of driving time just STOP. Let the company get the message and they will learn to stop asking drivers to do ridiculous things on the road. Drivers that will abuse themselves (as indicated in an earlier post) to look good to dispatch are their own worst enemy.