FedEx Freight | Speeding Ticket

big dog

TB Lurker
Credits
One of our co workers received a speeding ticket in his personal vehicle. It was for 42mph in a 25 mph zone. The week later they pulled him in early to watch safety videos because they said he was suspended.He worked later that day,question he has asked and received two different answers is what happens next if anything . He called harrison and they said done deal 2yrs probationary period .The center mgr said they are waiting to see outcome of his court date .What is he to believe any answers would be helpfull also has had two chargeables prior to the ticket.

Anything over 15 is a "serious" infraction. Now essentially he will be on probation for the next 3 years. One more and he's done in that time frame. Fedex does not look at the final result, but bases their punishment on the initial ticket given by the cop.

As Harrison said it is a done deal of 2yrs probationary time , the court case will do nothing for him in FDX's eyes , pretty sure I'm right on this my Brother..

(yes it may be 3 years)

We had a guy at my terminal who almost had the same situation got a ticket for speeding and they kept him working on the dock until everything was done with court but then after awhile they tried to lower his pay wage to a dock worker and they also cancelled his benefits he found out by going to pick up his usual prescription for his wife

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Lucky he had a lawyer who jumped on it asap and he got it taking care of the following week but it definitely was a messed up situation

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Anything over 15 is a "serious" infraction. Now essentially he will be on probation for the next 3 years. One more and he's done in that time frame. Fedex does not look at the final result, but bases their punishment on the initial ticket given by the cop.

Correct, UNLESS the ticket is thrown out (dismissed) completely, then is will be off record. Getting it reduced means nothing to FedEx. In that case, original charge will stand.

courts cannot reduce ticket.only dismiss with no money spent,will be on cdl for 3 years,two 15 over in 3 years ,cdl suspended. walked that tight rope over here.for 3 years.call hro.it will be three years at fed ex.there is policy in print on this issue,ask mgr to print it

courts cannot reduce ticket.only dismiss with no money spent,will be on cdl for 3 years,two 15 over in 3 years ,cdl suspended. walked that tight rope over here.for 3 years.call hro.it will be three years at fed ex.there is policy in print on this issue,ask mgr to print it

I've had a few reduced to a non moving. It can be done, you just need a good lawyer. FedEx is pretty strict about the original charge though.

I know a guy who crashed on a test drive of a new car. He got a serious ticket for the crash and FedEx suspended him until he cleared it in court, several weeks later.

Guardrail

I've had more than a few reduced. They issue a non moving violation but up the fine. Its all about revenue for the municipality.

I would hire an attorney. If your ticket is even reduced to a parking ticket, it will not appear on your driving record. If you have it completely thrown out of court, you are in much better situation. Attorney might cost you $425 and you don't even have to be there.

Ive had a few reduced myself. my MVR is squeaky clean, They can say whatever they want to, if you have no points on your license, theirs not a lot they can say about it!!!!

I've had a few reduced to a non moving. It can be done, you just need a good lawyer. FedEx is pretty strict about the original charge though.

I know a guy who crashed on a test drive of a new car. He got a serious ticket for the crash and FedEx suspended him until he cleared it in court, several weeks later.

Guardrail

But the big question is.......how did he like his new car?

One was taking down a wire on private property and the other was cracking a fairing off making a sharp turn in customers yard

I have met many troopers in my day, both local yocals and Stateys. I blame the lack of feeling in my right foot for the problem. Until the big money squeeze of the last five years or so they all let me go with an, "A speeding ticket wouldn't look good on your CDL". Nowdays it is all about the money. I take care of my own visits to see the judge and there is always a DA there to argue the case and to date they have all been willing to change the ticket to a non moving violation. I do believe that they are not supposed to do that per the current DOT laws but I have yet to file a complaint about it with the proper authorities. I also have yet to get the $$$ amount reduced. Today they all want the money.
As for what Fedex does, they are free to do whatever they want and it is a shame that a ticket in our personal automobile can have an affect on our jobs this way.

Gotta wonder.......If a Fed Ex pilot got a speeding ticket in their personal vehicle on off duty time, would their job be affected??