Estes | Speedy and Estes

I'd choose Estes if I was p&d and sefl for linehaul. Estes is more laid back in the city. Sefl has better linehaul schedules. Estes has linehaul runs here in Buffalo that leave out Wednesday night and don't get home until Monday morning. Sefl is doing away with most of their system runs and going to 2&1/2 or 3/2 schedules.
My buddy in Charlotte at Sefl just lost his wild 3/2 due to it being cancelled and changed to a 5 night system run. A lot of guys hollering about low miles at Sefl as well, but at least they get paid to wait. Some of those guys have some good gravy deals though so I hear. At Sefl you probably won’t be breaking and hooking sets in the mud like you will at certain E facilities.

I had a Wednesday night start on the extraboard at the E a few years ago, best running in 5 days I ever did, on the weekends it was no waiting, run on 10 and many times got home Sunday night and had 3 full nights and days off before going back out Wednesday night midnight. I did miss a lot of social events on the weekends because of it though, or either had to use vacation to attend it, other than that I loved it.

My buddy in Charlotte at Sefl just lost his wild 3/2 due to it being cancelled and changed to a 5 night system run. A lot of guys hollering about low miles at Sefl as well, but at least they get paid to wait. Some of those guys have some good gravy deals though so I hear. At Sefl you probably won’t be breaking and hooking sets in the mud like you will at certain E facilities.

I had a Wednesday night start on the extraboard at the E a few years ago, best running in 5 days I ever did, on the weekends it was no waiting, run on 10 and many times got home Sunday night and had 3 full nights and days off before going back out Wednesday night midnight. I did miss a lot of social events on the weekends because of it though, or either had to use vacation to attend it, other than that I loved it.
It really comes down to what someone wants. Estes overall is more laid back and that's a good thing to me. Spending all weekend up here in the northeast going to NYC, Boston, Philly etc is what the Wednesday night start drivers do mostly from the guys I know that run there. They make bank and are definitely left alone but that's just not for me right now.

Mud at Estes and uphill at sefl. I’m too old to be straining on broken dollies in the mud, uphill, in the snow, in the dark while everyone else is asleep lol

It really comes down to what someone wants. Estes overall is more laid back and that's a good thing to me. Spending all weekend up here in the northeast going to NYC, Boston, Philly etc is what the Wednesday night start drivers do mostly from the guys I know that run there. They make bank and are definitely left alone but that's just not for me right now.
I feel ya on that. Us Carolina guys ended up there quite a bit and that shuffle is quite the chore but I’d take that over shuffling around Atlanta Athens Fulton and Marietta, from what I can tell the traffic in the southeast has gotten just as bad if not worse in some cases than the northeast. I landed a Columbus lay down this bid and it’s pretty easy, straight there and lay and straight back. I still miss the adventure of the road though.