XPO | Spin off and ODFL

XCCX

TB Legend
Credits
So here it is . What I have been saying for years .
Xpo is spinning LTL off from everything else. Some of you will maintain “its because he’s going to sell us”. Ahh no.
Brad Jacobs makes peanuts on the sale of this company.
The only chance he makes big dollars is if the the stock rises.

ODFL is trading at $303.00 a share .

Xpo is trading at $70.00 +\-

Jacobs believes if he make Xpo Ltl a pure player
(Ltl only) that he can run the stock up too ODFL levels and he wins with a big payout.
This is the game plan pure and simple. It has always been the plan but he miscalculated on what investors wanted .

Last edited:
This will be the last effort. If this doesn’t bring the stock everything Is on the table. Wait till you see the pure players spin campaign coming.

So it’s going back to the way it was before.
There never was any value in anything else . Con-way was the Diamond. Now can he woo the investors into thinking we’re good at what we do. Con-way reputation was the gold standard before Jacobs . It Has been decimated By cost cutting for the race to the lowest possible O/R.
2 mistakes Jacobs has made:

1)The customers aren’t stupid nor as desperate as he believes

2) Undervaluing his employees. Not just the drivers but All Employees. You can’t expect ( especially in this job market) to get 110 % from your employees everyday for less than they deserve In reward. You want to woo the customers start with your employees. I know this is contradictory to everything he believes but its the way it is. Until he realizes this Xpo will lag as will the stock.

Last edited:
So here it is . What I have been saying for years .
Xpo is spinning LTL off from everything else. Some of you will maintain “its because he’s going to sell us”. Ahh no.
Brad Jacobs makes peanuts on the sale of this company.
The only chance he makes big dollars is if the the stock rises.

ODFL is trading at $303.00 a share .

Xpo is trading at $70.00 +\-

Jacobs believes if he make Xpo Ltl a pure player
(Ltl only) that he can run the stock up too ODFL levels and he wins with a big payout.
This is the game plan pure and simple. It has always been the plan but he miscalculated on what investors wanted .

I brought old Dominion stock when it was 60 a share and thought I was insane no trucking companies worth $300 a share they produce nothing if there’s a recession coming o:d stock will drop $100-$150 a share within six months they have sold you a bill goods this is nothing but a A company that produces nothing solely depend on the American economy somebody will come in eventually and haul the goods for 20% cheaper it’s not rocket science as my friend

I brought old Dominion stock when it was 60 a share and thought I was insane no trucking companies worth $300 a share they produce nothing if there’s a recession coming o:d stock will drop $100-$150 a share within six months they have sold you a bill goods this is nothing but a A company that produces nothing solely depend on the American economy somebody will come in eventually and haul the goods for 20% cheaper it’s not rocket science as my friend

We had 20 yrs of the race to the bottom. Question is will drivers do it for less ?

XPO is a sinking ship. It might take a long time to sink, like YRC.
I retired early winter along with a lot of other guys from my barn. Others quit, some fired.
Very few replacement drivers. A lot of us were asked to come back part-time, and collect our pension while working. LOL! Thanks but no thanks! I'm glad I'm out.
I just can't see this company improving its stock price much. What do I know? I'm just a dumb, retired, truck driver. I think Brad J. bit off more than he can chew when he bought Conway.
I made a good living. Worked hard for a lot of years. 27 years with this outfit. Would have been a better ride if we had been teamsters! So relaxed now.

The most amazing part of the whole divestiture is what is not been said. When Xpo bought Conway I remember the posters about being part of something that is bigger. That was the spin . Up to this point we’ve been led to believe that all the parts of Xpo were wildly successful! Drayage, last mile, truckload, brokering And third party logistics. So just sticking with the Xpo Part what happened to these moneymaking parts. So successful according to Jacobs then but now we’re selling them off. I guess we’re left to believe this is the spin doctor of Wall Street playing to the daytraders . Why should anybody have faith that he is going to run a pure play LTL any more successfully? The hype is coming both internally and externally to the public you make up your mind.

LOL ,It’s a hobby. Besides if I don’t post anything here nobody else will ;)
How about going back to, trucks only run 65, cant get done 20 minutes earlier anymore, dont take lunch or breaks? That always brought out the posters. Oops. Forgot cameras in the trucks, and 6 road drivers on a conference call while driving at 4:00 AM.

Bunch here thought Jacobs was a genius. He’s not looking like Einstein these days. These spin offs and sell off have the potential to effect your jobs more than any other issues. It’s interesting and wise to be well versed on issues that may affect your job. Yeah, there may be nothing we can do about it but sticking your head in the sand is not wise. Better to know what coming at you rather than be blind sided by the unknown.

Last edited: