FedEx Freight | Spouse surcharge verification

riolake

TB Lurker
Credits
Did anyone else get a letter asking for working spouse surcharge verification? If you did get one don't ignore it. If your spouse works but cannot get health insurance through their job you don't have to pay but if you don't respond to the letter they will automatically start charging $150 a month

Probably wait till the last minute to see if you need more than $150 .
It's a timing thing , plan ahead thing , they aren't really worried , IHO .
Actually you should have known when you were first insured at FDX .

No ?
SMOKESTACK

So this is different this time around. Normally you do the verification during open enrollment but FedEx hired a 3rd party company to do the verification. You and your spouse have to sign an affidavit stating your spouse is either unemployed or if they are employed but is not eligible for insurance you must provide the company name and phone # for said company.

Wonderful! So we don't even have the option to pay $150? I paid the $150, because it was cheaper than her insurance option.

We used to get those at odd times during the year for my spouse when she had a claim. It didn't come from the company, it came from the insurance company verifying no additional or available coverage.

I did something similar to that on FedEx ehr during open enrollment. After adding my dependants, I had to submit my marriage certificate and my son's birth certificate.

you have to
Did this come in the mail?
I got the original notice with an Dependent Verification ID but not having luck with the website provided.
go to this link

your id will be on the the bottom of the paper sent to you
your initial password will be the month day and year of birth
example 061123

Wait a minute (lol) I'm having flashback or is this some damn mandela effect. Four or five years ago guys were seeing is it cheaper for the spouse to get their own ins or pay the surcharge

Wait a minute (lol) I'm having flashback or is this some damn mandela effect. Four or five years ago guys were seeing is it cheaper for the spouse to get their own ins or pay the surcharge
At that point they trusted us, now they’ve gifted a third party to verify the insurability…

Did anyone else get a letter asking for working spouse surcharge verification? If you did get one don't ignore it. If your spouse works but cannot get health insurance through their job you don't have to pay but if you don't respond to the letter they will automatically start charging $150 a month
Did this come in the mail?
I got the original notice with an Dependent Verification ID but not having luck with the website provided.
Whoa it's none of their business where my spouse works and their employer and phone number you shouldnt be forced to give out that information you guys really need a Union contract!

Whoa it's none of their business where my spouse works and their employer and phone number you shouldnt be forced to give out that information you guys really need a Union contract!
does your spouse have to give her name and social security number to be listed as a beneficiary of your pension or life insurance with the Union?