Yellow | Stand together

When someone says "time to stand together" they usually mean "everyone agree with me".
What are we standing for? Also (my opinion) I would say seniority is accrued and not earned.

the guy that just got his 31 days in has exactly the same voting power a guy with 31 years has too.

I see junior senority treat the guys above them with such disrespect sometimes. One junior came up to me and said you senior men think you own this place. We just want what we waited many years for and when they reach the top they will feel the same way. I would still fight to help them out on this no matter what. I would never leave another teamster holding the bag. When they work 35 years and get a bid I wonder how they will feel when some punk bad mouths them about their bid!

the guy that just got his 31 days in has exactly the same voting power a guy with 31 years has too.

I have always and WILL always believe that it doesn't matter if you have 30 days or 30 years in you are a Teamster!! Luckily at my barn we have a few single digit brothers that have not forgotten where they came from and look out for junior men. We have *******s too.

it would be nice. But the #1 guy in COL OR 857 with 38yrs said he but care about me with 19yrs. HE said he hopes they close the doors SO HOW CAN WE DO THIS. I said to him how can you say your voting NO when you don't know what it is yet thanks #1 in 857 from#21

Makes you wonder why he needs em to close the doors befor he can just leave, I suspect its probably one of those situations where being number 1 is all he has and if they close the doors well he will always be number 1, damn that's some sad stuff isn't it

If the doors close, my experience has been those top guys have real trouble at the BOTTOM of their new employers. Often they are below people they mistreated at the old company. Should be a wake-up call now for all to treat each other with respect. But it won't happen....

Vote No. :17113:

I see junior senority treat the guys above them with such disrespect sometimes. One junior came up to me and said you senior men think you own this place. We just want what we waited many years for and when they reach the top they will feel the same way. I would still fight to help them out on this no matter what. I would never leave another teamster holding the bag. When they work 35 years and get a bid I wonder how they will feel when some punk bad mouths them about their bid!

I've been in both spots. I've had smart-mouthed senior guys tell me 'you'll do the same'. Here's News- no, I don't stoop to being a low-life. I'm now #1 at my new job. I treat everyone exactly the same- always did, always will. I've passed on bids in order for others to swing by their parents, etc...

Treat others like you want others to treat you. They may be above you at the next company...

One thing that really ticked me off was seeing a top guy come in on OT and try to bump a bottom (Thurs-Thru bid) spotter off his yard bid, because 'I'm senior'. Nope- a man on bid is top of his castle during that time period. Bottom guys don't get much; they are King of their Bid tho!

I've been in both spots. I've had smart-mouthed senior guys tell me 'you'll do the same'. Here's News- no, I don't stoop to being a low-life. I'm now #1 at my new job. I treat everyone exactly the same- always did, always will. I've passed on bids in order for others to swing by their parents, etc...

Treat others like you want others to treat you. They may be above you at the next company...

One thing that really ticked me off was seeing a top guy come in on OT and try to bump a bottom (Thurs-Thru bid) spotter off his yard bid, because 'I'm senior'. Nope- a man on bid is top of his castle during that time period. Bottom guys don't get much; they are King of their Bid tho!

I can agree. Been there, done that!

Don't ya all have just 1 sick day left so we can attend the IBT headquarters, free brewski rally?