XPO | Star Card Abuse!

star cards

I see some guys getting star cards like they were candy hearts at valentines day.

And what is worse about this is the ones who get the star cards are the ones who do the least every night and the one time they actually move a skid GOOD HEAVENS give him a star card. I can count on ONE hand (and still have 4 fingers left over) in the 12 years i have been here that I have heard "Thanks for a good job tonight I appreciate It""" I leave knowing I did a good job for the night. If 2 star cards or 3 star cards would equal a penny raise that would be differrent. but when i go in and break 5 or 6 loads a night and go back to my own home sector and have to load 2 trailers before I can leave I can hold my head high and sleep well knowing I did a good job. Yeah my uniforms are dirty and sweaty but my father taught me the value of hard work. I know i did my best thats all that matters to me

I leave knowing I did a good job for the night. If 2 star cards or 3 star cards would equal a penny raise that would be differrent. but when i go in and break 5 or 6 loads a night and go back to my own home sector and have to load 2 trailers before I can leave I can hold my head high and sleep well knowing I did a good job. Yeah my uniforms are dirty and sweaty but my father taught me the value of hard work. I know i did my best thats all that matters to me

Online Star Card awarded to:
freightninja
Thank you for upholding your own hard working ethics and values!
starcardmj0.png
:1036316054:

Everyone,

Please keep all of those underprivileged and abused star cards in your thoughts and prayers. They will never know who their next worthless recipient is without your help. And for just pennies a day, you can adopt a star card and help it....................Were you aware that 85% of all star card abuse involves alcohol? .............You'll receive a picture and a personal note from................and know that 80 cents out of your dollar..............Please!

Mothers
Against
Star
Card
Abuse

what is a star card. have not seen any in lda in months. they dont even push them here anymore. guess they belong to the csr's now.

what is a star card. have not seen any in lda in months. they dont even push them here anymore. guess they belong to the csr's now.

Might be a Marty thing. I never saw them in Coldwater MI (still located in Indiana) either.

Yup, come to think about it, I don't see any star card abuse. I do see star card neglect - which I guess is a form of abuse.

never mind.

Yup, come to think about it, I don't see any star card abuse. I do see star card neglect - which I guess is a form of abuse.

never mind.
They still talk about them at our place....but not because we deserve one....because they HAVE to use them. The G.O. checks on this. It's forced morale.

They still talk about them at our place....but not because we deserve one....because they HAVE to use them. The G.O. checks on this. It's forced morale.

Each terminal has to report the number of Starcards they give to the Regional Manager.

It's pathetic that even praise has to be standardized at conway. I always thought the star cards were gay. It's a little embarassing to get one.

Might be a Marty thing. I never saw them in Coldwater MI (still located in Indiana) either.
What is all this talk about Coldwater still being in Indiana but located in Michigan or vise versa. What, did they move the Service Center? Somebody please let me in on the joke.

What is all this talk about Coldwater still being in Indiana but located in Michigan or vise versa. What, did they move the Service Center? Somebody please let me in on the joke.

It was in Coldwater MI but they bought Consolidated's Fremont IN terminal and moved in there a few years ago. It has over 200 doors and what seems like 10 sectors and greeters. I think there are really 5 with one sector desk empty. It's busy using 5 or so switchers. If you want to be an FOS, just hire on as a greeter. Marty straightened it out and got a perfect audit. The same people that arranged ....er found out we are a Most Admired Company performed the audit - if you get my drift.

star cards

Speaking of star cards I was watchng one of the videos friday and they were showing a montage of clerks from some terminal( maybe was XGO) behing here was an entire bulletin board behind her cubicle chock full of them

must hand them out like candy

What do they get you? NOTHING! The write-ups are more important. 3 write-ups for the same thing and being here for more than 5 years is grounds for termination. Don't matter how good of a worker you are or how many star cards you have. Every employee has a target tattooed on his back and every year it gets bigger.

What do they get you? NOTHING! The write-ups are more important. 3 write-ups for the same thing and being here for more than 5 years is grounds for termination. Don't matter how good of a worker you are or how many star cards you have. Every employee has a target tattooed on his back and every year it gets bigger.
This guy is right. The Star Cards get you nothing. You could have a house made out of Star Cards, but if they don't like you or don't want you around, one screw up and your gone.

Although very rare that it happens, Multiple Star Cards have helped sway a termination when compared to someone that does not have them. (It gives a very slight advantage)

Your Crystal Palace believes that:
Star Cards = over achievers
No Star Cards = average worker

Other than that it, does help boost an employees morale....for a second...because he was noticed.

My puny little brain concludes in its half a century that positive reinforcement goes a lot further than negative intimidation.

... Marty straightened it out and got a perfect audit. The same people that arranged ....er found out we are a Most Admired Company performed the audit - if you get my drift.

Careful there Bankrupt! Marty straighten out nothing, but changed plenty. And, that audit was in no way an accurate reflection of the XCW operation. More like tell me the answers you want and I'll go get the right questions.

Often I choose to say nothing in a specific situation but I gotta say that upon hearing the news of Marty's "perfect audit", I was absolutely speechless. I assure you this phenomena is a rare occurrence.

And there are many that believe it was fair, unbiased, and earned!

Although very rare that it happens, Multiple Star Cards have helped sway a termination when compared to someone that does not have them. (It gives a very slight advantage)

Your Crystal Palace believes that:
Star Cards = over achievers
No Star Cards = average worker

Other than that it, does help boost an employees morale....for a second...because he was noticed.

Did you get bumped on the head...when they are out to end your runtime with conway...they wont even look at your achievements...they will look at things you did years ago if it adds to them putting you out the door...star cards mean nothing to no one but the people whom have nothing else in their lives to be proud of...oh and the butt kissers...