TForce | start seniority

Who can tell me when your actual seniority starts. Is it date of hire(part time or day of hire full time?) Just curious.:popcorn::

I have 3 seniority dates. The date I was hired. The date I became full time. And the date I became a driver. They all mean different things. One is for picking vacation days in December for the next year. One is for cc days, vacation days the rest of the year and bingo cards. And one is for bidding purposes.
Having just one is sooooo underrated .

I have 3 seniority dates. The date I was hired. The date I became full time. And the date I became a driver. They all mean different things. One is for picking vacation days in December for the next year. One is for cc days, vacation days the rest of the year and bingo cards. And one is for bidding purposes.
Having just one is sooooo underrated .

Talk about a messed up procedure.

I have never heard of 3 dates. Only two. Part time and full time. which one begins your company seniority? I feel for you 90% that sure sounds like a cluster mess to me.try talking to your steward and see if you can untangle that mess.I dont think it differs from barn to barn??? Start your process immediately if you havent all ready. Ill be rooting for you on the side line.See this thru to the end. Good luck partner.

I have never heard of 3 dates. Only two. Part time and full time. which one begins your company seniority? I feel for you 90% that sure sounds like a cluster mess to me.try talking to your steward and see if you can untangle that mess.I dont think it differs from barn to barn??? Start your process immediately if you havent all ready. Ill be rooting for you on the side line.See this thru to the end. Good luck partner.

Start my process??? I file, nothing happens. See if they go by the hire date (for all purposes) then the steward won't get Christmas or thanksgiving week off) . The BA lets the steward run the show.. Start the process, yeah right.

Man 90% That has to be very frustrating for you. I'm sorry you have to go thru all that foolishness. Have you tried to go up another level? I have been told (and with good trust) by our Rd steward that part time seniority is with part time guys. You begin your company seniority at full time status. that is for all bids also. Vacation,route bid everything. I don't have a contract book or I would quote you the page and paragraph. Do we have any stewards or anyone that can lead 90% in the proper direction? Lets see if we can help this brother. Upsf contract is the same across the board. I'm here until we can get this resolved or an honest answer and put this to bed for you. You should not be fighting this alone. Maybe one of our knowledgeable brothers will chime in with some good advice for both of us.

Man 90% That has to be very frustrating for you. I'm sorry you have to go thru all that foolishness. Have you tried to go up another level? I have been told (and with good trust) by our Rd steward that part time seniority is with part time guys. You begin your company seniority at full time status. that is for all bids also. Vacation,route bid everything. I don't have a contract book or I would quote you the page and paragraph. Do we have any stewards or anyone that can lead 90% in the proper direction? Lets see if we can help this brother. Upsf contract is the same across the board. I'm here until we can get this resolved or an honest answer and put this to bed for you. You should not be fighting this alone. Maybe one of our knowledgeable brothers will chime in with some good advice for both of us.

Year and a day might help... But doubt it. Would get another date then most likely.

Lets sit tight for a spell and see if our big brothers can explain this and give some good advice on how to solve this once and for all. I believe there will be a way for you to put this behind you and come out of this in better shape. Keep positive my teamster brother. I hear the Calvary in the distance. Hold the fort down 90%

google ups freight contract go to very bottom that says ups contract. that will open up the contract you want artical 5 section 1 Pg 6https://www.google.com/#q=ups+freight+contract+book

Google ups freight contract go to very bottom click on ups contract.That will open up to the contract for 2008- 2013 Artical 5 section 1 Pg 6. Not sure if this will help but it does talk about seniority/.

google ups freight contract go to very bottom that says ups contract. that will open up the contract you want artical 5 section 1 Pg 6https://www.google.com/#q=ups+freight+contract+book

You mean the "for all purposes", Yeah that's a grey area. At least that's what the BA says. Already filed on that one.

Google ups freight contract go to very bottom click on ups contract.That will open up to the contract for 2008- 2013 Artical 5 section 1 Pg 6. Not sure if this will help but it does talk about seniority/.

First day worked as a probationary employee, filed on that. Denied.
Hire date. Denied
Date of full time. Denied

Not all the terminals follow the contract, different rules apply at different terminals. What do you think this is??? UPS??? Come on