ABF | Start the Picketline

GET YOU GOONS OUT OF HERe!!!
Just so you understand something about the Train. You get what you give with me. If your rude to me then I will be rude to you. I came on here to support you guys even though I’m wired completely different and come from a completely different culture in the world of LTL trucking. I’m not your enemy but I can be. That’s up to you.

Last edited:
Sorry I can't play here, for I'm with the International Brotherhood of Teamsters.

Why, sorry if I offended or rubbed you wrong, not my intenion at all.
I've been drawing a check from the Teamsters probably longer than you've been a member, and yes, I'm 110% Teamster.
As for Train, he's the total opposite, we very seldom agree on anything, but we do our arguing and name calling with fun and respect.
I made 2 friends back in the early sixties during a big strike, they drove for Overnite and Bowman, we were total opposites
We remained friends until they both passed.
I try to keep an open mind and avoid tunnel vision, remember the old saying, "you catch more flies with honey"
BTW if they do strike, I can still walk a pickett line and probably will.

I've been drawing a check from the Teamsters probably longer than you've been a member, and yes, I'm 110% Teamster.
As for Train, he's the total opposite, we very seldom agree on anything, but we do our arguing and name calling with fun and respect.
I made 2 friends back in the early sixties during a big strike, they drove for Overnite and Bowman, we were total opposites
I try to keep an open mind and avoid tunnel vision, remember the old saying, "you catch more flies with honey"
Walk my ass!! You might stand a couple minutes then sit back down in your wheelchair or hoveround.

Walk my ass!! You might stand a couple minutes then sit back down in your wheelchair or hoveround.
Well, we take what we can get I'll have my generator handy , nobodys scooter or hover round runs out .And what idiot would run a guy over in a wheelchair ,That works for US.

You could bring a section of that boardwalk you have, and everyone can bring their benches....

I'm as Union as they get,......and I welcome non-Union guys who understand our philosophy. The ones I have problems with are the ones who can only see out from the depths of their own wallet.

I don't mind a little militancy during negotiations......and a lot more of it during an actual picket. I like to remind guys that they don't have to choose the side of the billionaires and cross that picket line. I also like to remind guys that,.......like sky-diving and rock climbing,..........if you cross a legal and active picket line after being told specifically not to,......you MAY NOT have any life insurance for the duration of your time behind that picket line.

There's been anecdotal stories of verbal altercations at lines with picketers and ............shall we say?...."disinterested" third-parties who have no business interjecting themselves between management and employee during legal picketing...........angrily crossing picket lines,....and then finding out later on that,.....their widow may not have received a cent in a tragic event behind that picket line,..... because they "knowingly and willfully put their life at risk",....I believe is how the lawyer related the anecdote to me. Hey!......Who knows how insurance companies decide these things?

Anyway,.....I've walked a few picket lines........And I've heartily thanked the non-Union drivers who don't stick their noses in the business between my boss and me.........And I've seen a few who tried to sneak down after midnight when they thought,....or were told....that the picket line wasn't manned.....Wild nights.......

I ain't as old ....or decrepit.....as Bro. Seabreeze,........I've only been retired since summer,.....But, if I am asked to help out,...I'll be there on the picket line. Same as him.......

I believe collective bargaining rights are the same as First Amendment rights.

I'm as Union as they get,......and I welcome non-Union guys who understand our philosophy. The ones I have problems with are the ones who can only see out from the depths of their own wallet.

I don't mind a little militancy during negotiations......and a lot more of it during an actual picket. I like to remind guys that they don't have to choose the side of the billionaires and cross that picket line. I also like to remind guys that,.......like sky-diving and rock climbing,..........if you cross a legal and active picket line after being told specifically not to,......you MAY NOT have any life insurance for the duration of your time behind that picket line.

There's been anecdotal stories of verbal altercations at lines with picketers and ............shall we say?...."disinterested" third-parties who have no business interjecting themselves between management and employee during legal picketing...........angrily crossing picket lines,....and then finding out later on that,.....their widow may not have received a cent in a tragic event behind that picket line,..... because they "knowingly and willfully put their life at risk",....I believe is how the lawyer related the anecdote to me. Hey!......Who knows how insurance companies decide these things?

Anyway,.....I've walked a few picket lines........And I've heartily thanked the non-Union drivers who don't stick their noses in the business between my boss and me.........And I've seen a few who tried to sneak down after midnight when they thought,....or were told....that the picket line wasn't manned.....Wild nights.......

I ain't as old ....or decrepit.....as Bro. Seabreeze,........I've only been retired since summer,.....But, if I am asked to help out,...I'll be there on the picket line. Same as him.......

I believe collective bargaining rights are the same as First Amendment rights.

Hey...... you watch that, I'm old as kerosene, but far from being decrepit, that's Train's crap.( he was born very young you know)
I'll need to drive 60 miles to ABF's nearest terminal, but I have another PIE and a Carolina driver that lives near, we've
already made plans to support you guys.

We had 2 Atl. drivers taking hours in Charl when we were on strike, we drove one home in a our car, the other was afraid
the company would be upset if he didn't take the truck back to Atl. and crossed our line.
No one harmed this guy or any of his property, he was treated like he had the plague, a 15 yr man but quit his job 6
mos later.

No pay raise and still working off of 2012 rates. And only words that get print, Quickening economic growth, a shortage of drivers and reduced capacity, and higher fuel prices have driven up transportation costs, prompting some companies to threaten to raise prices on goods ranging from chicken to cereal.
transportation costs
transportation costs
transportation costs
transportation costs
transportation costs
transportation costs
transportation costs

Last edited: