ABF | Start the Picketline

sorry wrong BLOCKCHAIN made up of more than 250 freight transportation companies....
sorry I should not be HERE. Look around.

Last edited:
I think that if this goes to an extension,...........it's just going to harden ABF employee resolve,...and bring about memories of the last putrid wreck of a filthy mess of a contract.

Especially if the ....."extension".....goes on for more than a week or so.

ABF might be playing with the proverbial fire here. We are all aware of their problems hiring, due to the last steaming heap of a contract,.....We are all aware of the national shortage of drivers for even higher paying companies,......We are all aware of the tax break for corporations which is giving ABF a 15% windfall in their tax rate,.....permanently, I might add,.....unlike the tax breaks for us common citizens that expire in 7 years....We are all aware of ABF management going on a spending and bonus spree worthy of a drunken sailor after ratification of the last smelly cesspit of a concessionary contract,....and their barely concealed smirks at our falling for their "Woe is Us, Poor Company" routine..........

All of the above considered,.....it would be EXTREMELY STUPID for the ticky-tacky corporate types to try the same tactics a second time around........

It's time for them to realize they are going to have to...PAY......for their trickery last contract.....Time for the company flacks and lawyers to cut the best deal they can, under the circumstances,.........and do it quickly........

ABF admitted last contract,....5 years ago,....that 75% of their employees were within 5 years of retirement.......

If ABF is stupid enough to try and drag out contract talks,.......they may find many of their current employees either speeding up their retirements out of disgust,....or guys quitting and going to better paying companies, whether that being either Union or non-Union companies,........or guys leaving the LTL craft altogether to work for better paying jobs inside of four walls and not behind a wheel.........

They may get a ratified agreement,....and then turn around to realize that they've lost half of their work force due to attrition and disgust............in a excrutiatingly tight Labor market.......(...Advice to ABF management:........WE Ain't in the Twentieth Century Anymore...)( You're Welcome...)

Sometime a College Education can be an Impediment to Clear Thinking,..............
Mr. Canary , I'm sure the numbers are all there ( as far as what labor gets and what ABF keeps ) but is there a graph or chart that puts this into perspective.

For example , when the sports leagues negotiate , it usually comes out what the split of revenue is between the owners and the players.
XfsGPjv.jpg

An example

Mr. Canary , I'm sure the numbers are all there ( as far as what labor gets and what ABF keeps ) but is there a graph or chart that puts this into perspective.

For example , when the sports leagues negotiate , it usually comes out what the split of revenue is between the owners and the players.
XfsGPjv.jpg

An example

An interesting chart, Brother.....

But I don't think it applies, in this situation.....You're talking about a very lucrative "pie" being divided amongst a very small group of people. The second "pie" shows the owners taking a larger share.

But this “pie” is about billionaire owners and millionaire players.........who still pay the same as me for a gallon of milk,.....and for the filet mignon I can’t afford......

I believe the current ratio between executive and average worker is 270 to 1. In other words,......The CEO makes at least 270 dollars to the average worker’s one dollar. This raises “worth” questions.....

As with the NFL,......if the players went on strike and didn’t show up,......the fans wouldn’t pay to see the owners.....

I’ll bet there isn’t a single executive in trucking that has a CDL,.......let alone one with a HAZ-MAT endorsement..........We go on strike, and the trucks don’t move.........and then it becomes starkly evident how much management “deadwood” a company has.......

I understand that your retired but you don't really think that nonunion carriers, which is about all is left, would actually be circling around these so called strikers wanting to hire them do ya? I bout spilled my coffee laughing when you posted this.
Really could care less about what you think. Just read your post all hate. We do just fine and you still keep hating. We know what we will do and won't do. You would not be anywhere near the top of the list to ask for any ideas.

You have come to this forum for years talking crap and what has it got you NOTHING. You wouldn't make a pimple on a good TROLL'S ass.

Really could care less about what you think. Just read your post all hate. We do just fine and you still keep hating. We know what we will do and won't do. You would not be anywhere near the top of the list to ask for any ideas.

You have come to this forum for years talking crap and what has it got you NOTHING. You wouldn't make a pimple on a good TROLL'S ass.

You won't see him back on here either now that you're back Muler because he knows his arguments won't hold water... as a matter of fact... he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat!

I almost felt bad for having Secretariat as my avatar, when you guys were potentially getting a good contract. Now I don't feel as bad.

I went through 2.5 years of pay cuts before I left, and every single week I would think about the 7% I was giving away every week for no reason, while that arrogantly smirking horse's pay only continued to increase, and ABF...oh wait sorry we were broke...ARCBEST continued to purchase companies...it was unconscionable. It was the myth of Nero playing the violin as Rome burned. My family has to sacrifice, and her family flourishes at the top. That's not why I joined the union. I joined the union to be paid equitably. Not to cut my own throat for the CEO to drink.

Look Around their is a man with a gun over their telling me to be ware.
While walking call the AFL CIO. It would be a START!!!

Thank you, Sir..........but Mad Magazine has already turned me down as a publisher........

Much enjoyment of the retirement rocking chair.........
Mad Magazine? Good one. Though with ABFer being absent, did you ask during the interview if he is on their payroll as a editor? Just wundering. von.