R&L | Start Time

Anybody else having to call in every morning to get their start time for the day??? Up here at our barn the j****** of a tm has decided that every driver has to call in every mornin'. This has been going on for at least 3 months and he claims it is/was do to weather in the midwest. What a f'n joke.

that is wacked.. Some times I wonder who is really looking over our boss's shoulders...

When your TM, dispatcher, and 2nd shift guy are all best friends covering for one anothers f ups who is really looking out for us and the company?

I get a call from them pushing me back an hour to 10 o'clock, with 15 deliveries and average 6 pick ups a day,all because line hauls are late. Good news is line hauls will be early tonight because all pick ups wont be made!

The way it's supposed to work is that you should have a set start time. If that start time is altered, someone at your terminal should call you at least 2 hours in advance to let you know of a changed start time. Up here in scranton when I was a p&d driver, I had a 8:30 start time and if they didn't call me by 6:30 with a changed start time, I punched in at 8:30 whether they liked it or not. If they got a problem with that, tough sh*t! send me home. Oh wait, thats right, they have nobody to take my run Ha, ha, ha.

We don't have to call everyday they tell us don't punch in until the load is ready. If you still punch in the teacher(dispatcher) tells you the principle(TM) wants to talk to you for your punishment and then they play there management games. If you go to Ohio with a problem look out they get there revenge. They hate all drivers where I'm at. Seniority, start times, bid runs and the employee hand book means nothing they make up the rules as they go along.

It's all about the numbers!!! Some Principals(TM) have good numbers and I'm sure some don't. The Students (drivers/dock workers) on the other hand make sure the Principal gets those good numbers...and what do the Students get; GRIEF AND MORE GRIEF!!!:chairshot:

Pushing start times back only makes return times later and later as the week goes on. I think the Principal got yelled at for our service times being bad because we didn't get pushed back at all this past week. Tell me why we cant start on time on a Monday morning...There's no reason for our loads not to be ready by 830 and the majority of the dock workers gone home before we get in for our shift. :nutkick:

I don't know about the rest of you guys but I would like to get home by 630 once in a while. It sucks eating dinner at 830-900 at night.:smilie_132:

I would like to get home by 630 once in a while. It sucks eating dinner at 830-900 at night.

absolutely!! here we have a tm that is a total arrogant s.o.b. he has already admitted we are just overpaid,lazy,drivers. at a meeting a while back he told us that our bring back rate was 4%,which is acceptable but from now on when we call for a exeption # we would have to talk to him because he says he can intimmadate us into making the del,he wants the # down to 2%.like we are just gonna pull the cons. from our a**. from the sounds of it though,thats what R&L wants,just ain't the same since the kids took over. that is just 1 example,i'm not going to go into detail on here yet.

absolutely!! here we have a tm that is a total arrogant s.o.b. he has already admitted we are just overpaid,lazy,drivers. at a meeting a while back he told us that our bring back rate was 4%,which is acceptable but from now on when we call for a exeption # we would have to talk to him because he says he can intimmadate us into making the del,he wants the # down to 2%.like we are just gonna pull the cons. from our a**. from the sounds of it though,thats what R&L wants,just ain't the same since the kids took over. that is just 1 example,i'm not going to go into detail on here yet.
He's not going to be around long talking to people like that!!!!! I can't belive you had a meeting that's a rare thing around R&L...... We just get memo's don't think I would know how to handle myself in a meeting:biglaugh:....... Yes it's what the big green machine expects of it's drivers:nutkick:!!!!!!!!!!!

well im glad to see we are not the only ones being treated like poop it seems to run through the system , i am starting to believe the" management handbook " tells them to treat us like this . our so called tm treats everyone like they arnt that important and dont dare get him P Oed , you wont be working long , and dispatch well thats another story ( drug testing would be a good idea ):hide:

Our original crew of drivers that hired on when R&L opened up here tell of how we are this family oriented company with great values...

Our TM thinks we should live to work... I'm sorry but I work becouse I have to so that I can support my family. I don't drive a truck for the love of it.

If they drug tested our office help 2 super's would be gone!!

I'm so tired of being talked to like a kid.... They (tm & dispatch) think they are bully's in high school.. WTF? It is SO different then when Mr. H. stops in they are all nice as pie then..

well im glad to see we are not the only ones being treated like poop it seems to run through the system , i am starting to believe the" management handbook " tells them to treat us like this . our so called tm treats everyone like they arnt that important and dont dare get him P Oed

i am starting to get that impression as well,treat them all like a bunch of little 4th graders.they are all too dumb to know any better.add in also lie to them as much as possible they're just idiots.

Our TM thinks we should live to work

here too,he does'nt have a life outside work cuz he's such an a** so no one else should either.

I'm so tired of being talked to like a kid.... They (tm & dispatch) think they are bully's in high school..
AMEN!!!

Tell me why we cant start on time on a Monday morning...There's no reason for our loads not to be ready by 830 and the majority of the dock workers gone home before we get in for our shift. :nutkick:
I wish I could give you an answer, management could answer that and I'm not it. I agree with you there is no reason for the loads not to be ready.